Sign in to follow this  
Illyria

Jubaland: 2013 - Present

Illyria   

So far, Jubaland and its leadership has shown political maturity, patience, resilience, confidence, sustainability, and self-reliance in the face of hostile political, security, and economic challenges. it passed one of many hurdles to test its viability, and so far against many odds it is not only standing, but striving.

Let us see what the coming days, weeks and years usher in as the State realizes its potential, reaches political maturity, weather away adverse elements.

Jubaland-Map.jpg

Jubaland-Flag1.jpg

Added on:

On another note, forces of federalism seem to be winning whereas the centralists are not only lagging behind, but losing both the political and diplomatic bout. Let us see how it pans out. the new front is now Marka, Barawe, and Baydhabo etc., Will see you there soon as the tide turns, and the conversation takes a twist to Southwest.

Baashi   

And they are not asking the moon either.

As to the forces of federalism winning! I am not sure about that. I am not an insider but from the looks of it Hassan is not ready for that type of political arrangement. The challenge is how to steer the ship to safety without capsizing it. Do you understand what I mean? That's a huge and monumental challenge in front of all Somalis. He has knowingly and willingly tried to make a mischief in order to appease his constituents.

Should "all politics are local" dictum take precedent or the common good and the big picture must also be weighed in this trying times?

Illyria   

And there lies the gambit. A leader for a broken nation in need of reconciliation, political maturity, harmony, and equal representation in deed with conviction, and not in empty words, or a purveyor of the clique interest. You be the judge.

he has knowingly and willingly tried to make a mischief in order to appease his constituents.

I am actually counting on his political naivete and miscalculation, and impending cost of his mishaps so far. I have been watching this game far too long, and there is a familiarity about it, but I would concur it will not be an easy 1-2-1, but his policies are losing momentum. He is heavily relying on western promises which will not materialise unless mature institutions had been established. His political capital is lost on Kismayo for the first year of his tenure, and by the time he realizes his follies, it might be a tad bit too late.

You see, there the intelligent, smart politics world leaders play as a chess game, and then there is the small-minded, pear-shaped, beady, if backward politics of Somali leaders. He is green, does not have good council, but is convinced he is the Masiah. Or so his actions speak. Not his words, mind you.

By he, I mean President Hasan.

Saalax   

Much of that territory is occupied by Al shabab. Much of Gedo is aligned to the government based in Mogadishu with its own governor in charge Kaliil named from Mogadishu. I am not sure if we can call Jubbaland a "state" as it consists of Kismaayo and Afmadow, Dhoobley villages.

Illyria   

Damn the internet and its fabrications. everyone has an opinion, formed in thin air mind you, even if he/she has not the faintest idea of the events on the ground. read a blog or two and voila, you are an expert.

Baashi   

Illyria, we are hoping that President Hassan will mend his ways and smell the coffee. The minute he does that he wins the alliance of significant constituent in the country. They could help him push his agenda if he consults with them and gets their support before he takes the plunge. Same with all other constituents. There are ways to govern, implement some of your agenda and serve the people.

I have a hunch he's humbled and hence will make some changes in his dealings with folks who could help him move things around.

Will see.