Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Cost of a Universal TV Ad?

Juxa   

It is a monthly fee just don't expect too much. The fee varies depending what slot you want and how many repeats a day

If you tell me what you are seeking I can find out for you. Alternatively the marketing guy is on FB. Just ask

I got a brother whose business advertises on Universal. Last time I remember it was costing him $1000 dollars a month. I think the ads were showing once every 3 hours. But that was about 1 1/2 years ago.

Chimera   

Juxa, somewhere between 4 PM and 9 PM, three times. Also, I have no proper active facebook account, hence I came here, but if you know the guy, please show me the way and I will contact him when its ready.

Suldaanka, that's not bad, a two month campaign would set me back $2000? I hope the rates have remained the same.

Juxa   

And how long is your advert. 30 sec or 50 sec? How long will it run?

I shall ask for you insha Allah

Chimera   

Depends on the theme of the ad, (have not yet decided), but at least 50 sec. Also, if the ad is accompanied by an American song, that will not be a problem right? I haven't watched the channel for a while lol.

Mahadsanid, Juxa!

Juxa   

It will not be a problem, specially if moi asks:)

no you can put any song or soundtract you wish to, they really not fussy about copy-right just make sure it is not indecent song

nou wat is het?

Chimera   

Thank you again, and the song is decent, my target audience are the younglings after all.

ps - Ik moet het geheim houden anders steelt iemand mijn idea lol.

Chimera   

Yeah, but by then insha'allah I will have a significant lead, and eventual competition in this line of business is always healthy. :cool:

Haatu   

Chimera, you said you're targeting the youngsters but ask yourself this, just how many of them actually watch Somali channels?

Chimera   

Haatu, their parents do, and from the households in my network I know that their kids are always nearby. However, I should have said they are one of the target audiences, its a lot more broader in scope.

Adams,

Universal TV have their studios in Ilford, East London. the key person you're looking for is Eng. Abokar Mahdi. he's become world famous for his excellent music videos and adverts. some of which, you might have already seen, and recognised for their 'sheer touch of class', which includes the use of exotic 'desktop screen savers' of the holidaying destination sort. see Qormaal's classic hit 'Dalsan'. more interestingly, perhaps, is Eng. Abokar Mahdi's use of lawn bowls venues or retired old peoples home as 'shooting locations'........ where A-LIST somali celebs like Jooqle ''erotically caress'' the flowers in such locations, without upholding the ethical virtues of the Somali Advertising Standards Authority (SASA).

balse, what's most impressive about Eng. Abokar Mahdi's advertising portfolio, is the incessant and continual use of a new sort of ''marketing orientated'' somali poetry (usually voiced by Cagmadheere) which rolls on and on and on without stopping, in a way thats seemingly endless, as adverts are flooded across ''shashaada TV-ga''. in the critically acclaimed ''golden beach hotel'' advert, industry insiders claim the voice tag ''golden beach hotel'' was repeated 14 times in the 57 seconds long advert. in the ''yusra luza herbal cream'' advert, the owners of the company were mentioned by name as it was felt this would ''create a sense of familiarity for the brand and as well as a dedicated macmilship''.

if you require any further info, please contact Eng. Abokar Mahdi's secretary. she's the fat cad-cad chick.

good luck, inaar.

Al.