Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Ethiopian protesters take to streets

The Zack;958348 wrote:
What you don't understand is Tigrays aka Wayane make less than 10% of the army.

The foot soldiers are not important the army chiefs colonels generals are all tigrays in the Ethiopian army from all of the commands in Ethiopia The Tigrays are rooted in the Ethiopian Military.

The Zack   

Xaaji Xunjuf;958362 wrote:
The foot soldiers are not important the army chiefs colonels generals are all tigrays in the Ethiopian army from all of the commands in Ethiopia The Tigrays are rooted in the Ethiopian Military.

24 Tigray generals were recently forced to retire. Guess who is going to replace them?

Safferz   

Abtigiis;958264 wrote:
Saffrez, it means my defender, my shield, my pride - one word for all this.

Here it is Tilahun singing at the battle front during the Ethiopia-Eritrea war, but the song is a very old one and hugely, hugely popular.

Thanks for this. Are there other demonstrations going on today or planned for the near future?

Safferz   

Oodweyne;958345 wrote:
Hello Abtigiis

Does that mean that the
ONLF
will soon do their intermittent change of direction and go into bed with the new regime, like they did back in
? After all, you do know, I gather, that after long and a bitter struggle in which the then Somali government had bankrupt itself in fighting the cause of western Somali peninsula, the leaders of your “long-footed-folks” have done a volte-face reversal of position in-terms of how they will proceed, politically, after the collapse of the Somali state in

Subsequently (and I am sure that you will remembered this) the elites of this “clan-family” thought that they can be a clever-by-half sort of folks who can benefit immensely, particularly were they to get into a “political bed” with new incoming regime of
Mr Meles Zenawi
in Ethiopia in and around
. And to that end, they have “disavowed” any notion of them fighting for independence from Ethiopia, as was the case all through out existence of all of the various guises in which the
"Somali western liberation movement”
have assumed ever since Menelik’s era.

Secondly, although, many Somali people were aghast with the thought and deeds of your folks in changing the central pillar of Somalis long-standing position towards the fate of this region under the Ethiopian’s rule, however, some thought, that perhaps a peaceful approach and fighting for a
"nominally self-governing entity"
within the expected Ethiopian’s federation of stated - under the victorious TPLF - may be a useful outcome for all concern.

Unfortunately (as yet again, you will recall, painfully), there was no such thing that was on offer from the Zenawi side of things and he was basically playing you for the suckers he thought you guys were in believing his sweet-sounding-nonsense, when he in effect said: Stop-the-fighting and we will be a match made in heaven for each other.

Thirdly, although to be fair to you in here, it seems that by early in
, your folks have learned the trick he pulled on you, but still I was surprise to see in Addis-Ababa of that time many folks of your neck-of-the-wood, still debating whether they may be better off in throwing their lot with Zenawi against those who were dubious of what the TPLF were never-endingly promising.

Hence, taking all of these
"recurring let-downs"
into consideration, my advice to you will be do not be another
“cheap date”
, who drop her silky garter along with the rest of her garments for a mere
"promises"
that may never be fulfilled, from the new leaders in the TPLF. Particularly during in the incoming peace talks between them and
ONLF
, till at least you see them delivering whatever they promise you in the ground before you commit yourself
“ululating”
, shamelessly (in Abdi Illley's style) for just another sweet-talking-Ethiopian's strongman with an advanced degree in conning (or scamming) a teeming
“non-too-bright”
gullible Somali folks.

In other words, my solemn advice to you - and to the rest of the
ONLF
leadership - would be to assume that old notion of:
“once bitten twice shy”
sort of political dictum when you are dealing with the new Ethiopians regime and their promises of
"new glasnost"
or even
“perestroika”
towards the Somali issue under their control.

http://www.unnecessaryquotes.com/