Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Who remembers this show?

Chimera   

Every Saturday morning on Telekids, this was the cream of the crop, the first CGI cartoon in the world :cool:

It looks dated now, but wow that show was something else. I wish they made an update. :o

Safferz   

Of course! It was a Canadian show I grew up with :) Even as a child, I thought Phong was a racist caricature lol

Safferz   

Chimera;956780 wrote:

It looks dated now, but wow that show was something else. I wish they made an update.
:o

It looks like a film was in the works around 2009, they released this teaser then but it doesn't seem like there's a fixed date for it:

Definitely one of my childhood favourites. Although the animation is definitely lacking by today's standards. At the risk of sounding like an old geezer, the children's shows of today have no depth compared to the likes of Monster Rancher, Cyber-Six, Gargoyles etc.

Chimera   

L00000000L @Phong, yo I forgot all their names but when you said that one, I got it immediately. I used to watch ReBoot before duqsi, and never learned my Alif Ba Ta's, because I was busy drawing those characters.

Safferz   

Blackflash;956789 wrote:
Definitely one of my childhood favourites. Although the animation is definitely lacking by today's standards. At the risk of sounding like an old geezer, the children's shows of today have no depth compared to the likes of Monster Rancher, Cyber-Six, Gargoyles etc.

How can you make that judgment unless you've spent a lot of time watching current kids' shows? As nostalgic as I am for my old shows, I think the quality and content has improved dramatically since the 90s. Ditto for kids' movies, I often watch them in theatres :P

Chimera   

Blackflash;956789 wrote:
At the risk of sounding like an old geezer, the children's shows of today have no depth compared to the likes of Monster Rancher, Cyber-Six, Gargoyles etc.

I never watched Gargoyles, the intro used to freak me out,(I had the heart of a mouse). Avatar: Legend of Aang & Legend of Korra blow everything we had as kids out of the water, Dragon Ball Z being the exception, speaking of which, there is a new movie out:

127_93086978.jpg

uchi   

My favourites were;

X-Men

Chip n Dale

Darkwing Duck

Gummy Bears

TaleSpin

Never heard of Reboot, looks wierd. By the way Chimera, you must be young if you used to watch johnny bravo.

Haatu   

I used to love Johnny Bravo. To think he was only what 8? lol

There used to be this other cartoon that I used to watch in the mornings (around 7am) on the weekends. I can't remember anything from it except I loved it and it had a talking book :D

Chimera   

This one I loved dearly, early 90s I had the same nintendo and orange gun:

Simon Belmont's depiction is blasphemy though.