Sign in to follow this  
ElPunto

Italy’s First Black Minister Confronts Culture of Casual Racism

ElPunto   

^AL - Reer Waqooyi are straight up - you do look somewhat simian - if remember your giant sunglasses youtube vids from old correctly.

ElPunto   

Wadani;946981 wrote:
+1. Only a self-confident man can swallow this pill. I've always felt like this, and that's y racism never bothered me. I was once working at a store and a white lady started calling me a nigger and all sorts of other nonsense. I didn't even get worked up one bit, because I know im not a nigger and that she's conflating my history and current reality with that of others. It's like in those movies where the action star goes to the bar and is called out for a fight by some random bikers/thugs. Notice his reaction...he just calmy tells them he doesnt want any trouble. That's because he's a confident man who has nothing to prove, and knows that the thugs in their ignorance are underestimating who he really is. That's how all Somalis should be when dealing with racism. Just dont let it phase u, because u r SOMALI!!!!!

My goodness talk about confusion. You're confusing racism - a horrible, conceited, arrogant mentality that denigrates and debases other human beings with your reaction to it. You can react as calmly as you like - but if you believe that racism is just fine and dandy- then you are severely lacking in more ways than one.

ElPunto;946984 wrote:
^AL - Reer Waqooyi are straight up - you do look somewhat simian - if remember your giant sunglasses youtube vids from old correctly.

i don't remember actually, care to remind me?

simian - as in the missing link between the 'nigger' and the evolved white man. weren't the Irish called this term, horta? 19th century colonial thinking is NOT good.

ElPunto   

xabad;946992 wrote:
I'm already home. damn foreigner.
:P
I sense a bruised ego, were you called a monkey.

Are you currently living in Somalia? And when you were learning English did you do it in Somalia? I don't know where these self-hating Somalis come from. Where's al Shabaab when you need them.

ElPunto   

Alpha Blondy;946993 wrote:
^ someone ought to be more aware, ma istidhi? see Nash, C.

Waryaa - just because u stumbled upon that in your library building endeavors doesn't mean squat.

Wadani   

ElPunto;946987 wrote:
My goodness talk about confusion. You're confusing racism - a horrible, conceited, arrogant mentality that denigrates and debases other human beings with your reaction to it. You can react as calmly as you like - but if you believe that racism is just fine and dandy- then you are severely lacking in more ways than one.

Don't resort to ad hominems just because u disagree. Racism is natural. Fear of and antagonism towards outsiders is biologically hardwired in to human beings. But the socio-cultural developments and cultural interaction among disparate peoples within the last century has mitigated many of it's most nefarious manifestations for the most part, such as slavery, colonization etc. I ofcourse abhor forms of racism where one group is oppressed by another due to colour. But, the form of racism Xabad is talking about makes sense. Doesn't necessarily mean I support it. It's just that I understand if a european wants to keep his country 'authentic' and true to it's unique history and culture, and unrestrained multiculturalism is sometimes an impediment to this aim.

xabad   

Punto, how do you say am self hating ??, xaasha. i hate foreigners and love my people. that is why i'm beckoning them to return home once they collect some dosh and live like a free dignified life, instead of being abused and insulted by foreigners.

ElPunto;946999 wrote:
Waryaa - just because u stumbled upon that in your library building endeavors doesn't mean squat.

i know, but in order to keep up appearances of being a 'somebody'......i'm forced to throw in the occasional fact. :P

ElPunto   

^Wadani - there was no ad hominem - you're commenting on your personal reaction to racism when this article addresses the phenomenon of racism.

Kyenge was at the forefront of a dramatic demographic shift in Italy. As recently as 1991, just 1 in 100 residents held a foreign passport. Today, it’s 1 out of every 12.

So 91.7% of the population is native Italian - and they should be 'worried' about keeping their country 'authentic' and 'true to it's unique history and culture' and having 8.3% of the population as foreigners is 'unrestrained multiculturalism' I think your comment about Somalis being racist is bringing itself out ma istiri?

Wadani   

ElPunto;947008 wrote:
^Wadani - there was no ad hominem - you're commenting on your personal reaction to racism when this article addresses the phenomenon of racism.

So 91.7% of the population is native Italian - and they should be 'worried' about keeping their country 'authentic' and 'true to it's unique history and culture' and having 8.3% of the population as foreigners is 'unrestrained multiculturalism' I think your comment about Somalis being racist is bringing itself out ma istiri?

I'm not denying that I may be deemed a racist by leftist progressives for my views.

ElPunto   

^It's nothing to do with leftist progressives. If 92% of ppl are all alike and you're worried about the 8% who are different then math proclaims you a racist not leftists.

xabad   

it's the trend that counts my friend. my father worked in italy and any honest foreigner will tell you the unrestrained immigration to this countries will cause all kinds of social and economic problems. mind you this is not giant america, europe is a tiny claustrophobic shit hole and you bump up against people constantly. so put yourself in their shoes and remember its their country, they can refuse to admit even one foreigner. i don't understand where you get this idea that just coz the number of foreigners are below certain percentage italians shouldn't complain. plus italy receives the worst kinds of immigrants, senegalis, moroccans, nigerians and libyans.