Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Petition to the Parliament against the Somaliland-Somalia agreement.

Xaaji Xunjuf;942671 wrote:
^^ How would Somalia cease to exist if the 2 sides agree to live side by side as to sovereign nations.

I really don't hold Somali politicians to high regard, and I still think that there will be a domino effect in Somalia since tribalism is still king there (and abroad too). Why stop at a two countries, don't you think that other entities would prefer to rule themselves instead of being ruled from Mogadishu. All of this is a big if, but the behaviour of the government is not reassuring.

Homunculus;942687 wrote:
I really don't hold Somali politicians to high regard, and I still think that there will be a domino effect in Somalia since tribalism is still king there (and abroad too). Why stop at a two countries, don't you think that other entities would prefer to rule themselves instead of being ruled from Mogadishu. All of this is a big if, but the behaviour of the government is not reassuring.

if they wanted that they would have declared long time ago independence , the other states in Somalia just want some self rule, not secession i doubt others are deeply interested in that. The Puntlanders for instance are highly ambitious and i am sure they are aiming to take the seat or the PM in 3 years time.

malistar2012;942686 wrote:
Xaaji Xunjuf

slow down with two state talk , Somali President will never support that . Faisal warab comments are not needed , we know secessionist and warabe motive.

Homunculus

Ali Khalif Needs to do better job lobbying for Khatuum state , get in line with xamar community you will find out that community supports Somalinimo , somalia sovereignty and unity. Instead of being tool

Its not about what Hassan culusow supports or not its that SL talked to Somalia and that the world was the witness but the talks failed if they don't agree. Here is where you are wrong, you have your cards which is you want to reinstate the failed union.But Somaliland doesn't want anything to do with Somalia when it comes to a Union. When they meet again in turkey in a few months and the talks fail the same international community will step up the game and join the negotiation table as mediators and than the process can take longer. But if they agree the 2 states and forge new relations Sultan faisal is just stating that he wants to see a strong Somalia next door to the Somaliland republic he has no motives in Somalia nor stake in Somalia.

Oodweyne;942700 wrote:
^^^So long as as Hassan Sheikh is power in the FG, I highly doubt that any one from pirate-land will become Prime-Minister of the FG. And the reason is largely to do with fundamental difference of what each party wants for Somalia.

For Hassan Sheikh to keep the old Italian Somalia in one centralised version (even if you give a bit of a Federal gloss to it) is non-negotiable as an ideology.

While any one from that side of Somalia call Puntland, the idea of federalism (both in practice of day-to-day reality, and in over-arching sense) is also non-negotiable from their point of view.

Hence any PM who comes from that side will immediately clash with the president and the government will become, dysfunctional, in no time after that.

Hence why I don't see Haasan Sheikh appointing his PM anyone with the sort of ideology Pundlanders can be naturally expected to carry forward in the halls of Somali politics.

You are right Hassan sheikh Maxamuud wants to establish an entity from galkacyo to the Kenyan border, thats why he didn't organize his community to form federal states. But the Pirates will try to go for the PM and try to create a friction between the Pm and President. The same way they did with sh sharif and faarmaajo. Even though hassan sheikh would go for a decentralized state structure but still highly strong when it comes how the regions are administrated from the capital.The only problem for the pirates now is that the SFG has more legitimacy than the former federal transitional governments. So they will have a more difficult task than before but they still would go for it.

Awdal is a cyber state based in Toronto canada its led by a man who lives in Canada called rashiid .There is no such thing as Maakhir it ceased to exist in 2007 jibriel cali salaad the founder of that so called maakhir state lives in hargeisa. And Khatumo is based in taleex in one district of of the far eastern part of sool. I can tell you they will eventually join SL the same way ssc rebel movement did. The thing is Somaliland does not need the support of Xamar , it just need xamar to participate in these talks, no need for support its not like they can add something of value to Somaliland.

SNM was also organized in North America and UK it started abroad ... Khatumo, Awdal and Makhir are doing same thing soon they are going to Materialize events on the ground - Talex as headquarter for unionist :o

^^ I doubt that but you can believe that though since you have no clue about the inner politics of Somaliland . I will ask you a question what took them so long 22 years and counting. The SNM did not just took up arms one day after they woke up and said lets get rid of general afweyne. They were driven to this point economically politically and they were serious and they had a home grown organization, they didn't waste time with useless parties in the west and belly dancing with blue bra flags. They set up a constitution a central committee and a political wing and six months later a military wing and 2 years later they shook the entire foundation of the kacaan regime by carrying out attacks with in the main cities , rescuing prisoners, prison break operations the battles for the mountains. Hijacking ships and airplanes, and eventually launched an all out attack on the kacaan government of Somalia. And this all happened between 1982 and 1988. Do you see those internet warriors doing that and party crashers i seriously doubt that.