Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

SHOUT OUT to all the Somalilanders/Somalians out there ...

SomaliPhilosopher;939469 wrote:
But a "northerner" can be a foreign minister in Somalia. bit of a double standard much?

Because your government still claims Somaliland to be part of their country , so in order to show that SL is some how part of Somalia they pick a minister from SL. But for Somaliland the unity no longer exist and they are an independent state. So Foreigners from Somalia Djibouti Kenya have no say in Somaliland nor can they have leadership in SL.

SomaliPhilosopher;939476 wrote:
What if I come a citizen? Or my kids are born there? Can they not partake in Somaliland politics?

No you cannot you cannot become citizen of Somaliland and if your childeren are born there they will still be offspring of immigrants

SomaliPhilosopher;939478 wrote:
So if I become a citizen, as a southerner, can I run for mayor? Be appointed as minister? Marry a local without being treated as a foreigner?

You can live in SL for as long as you want but you cannot be a citizen nor can you run for office

Xaaji Xunjuf;939480 wrote:
You can live in SL for as long as you want but you cannot be a citizen nor can you run for office

But JB said I can become a citizen??

In terms of practicality what benefits am I missing out as a non-citizen? What rights do I not have as a non-citizen?

Can a British man become a citizen?

SomaliPhilosopher;939482 wrote:

In terms of practicality what benefits am I missing out as a non-citizen? What rights do I not have as a non-citizen?

You cannot vote

you pay tax but you cannot vote nor take part of the political leadership, and your opinion will not really matter

SomaliPhilosopher;939482 wrote:

Can you become citizen of Djibouti you speak the same language with them to?

if that was the case canadians could become irish citizens and irish could become australian

Xaaji Xunjuf;939490 wrote:
Can you become citizen of Djibouti you speak the same language with them to?

if that was the case canadians could become irish citizens and irish could become australian

Xaajio, a canadian can become an irish citizen and an Irish could become an australian citizen...............