Sign in to follow this  
Safferz

What are you listening to right now?

Safferz   

xabad;937961 wrote:
I don't listen Jazz. Black music is too vulgar and un-original, so i wonder how you a supposed intellectual & a feminist gets down with that

"Black music" is diverse and covers a wide variety of themes and genres, so it's not fair to generalize like that. Rock music (even country music, to a certain extent) also has its origins in the African American musical tradition. I listen to anything and everything.

Haatu   

In memory of Alpha. He had a go at me once for listening to Indonesian songs. Now I always associate this one with him:

love this song. As good as the film :)

Xabad...That's some ignorant statement. I assume it's your lack of music history that led you to say black music is unoriginal.

Almost every music genre including rock and country has roots in black music and culture. American music is black music!

xabad   

what so original about booty shaking and talking about female genitalia che ? i know is not PC to say but black music sucks, i can't stand it. sorry.

Safferz   

xabad;938155 wrote:
what so original about booty shaking and talking about female genitalia che ? i know is not PC to say but black music sucks, i can't stand it. sorry.

You're talking about a small fraction of pop music right now, and that objectification isn't limited to black musicians either.

Xabad...Hip Hop/Rap is one genre of black music unless you hate all black music including soul, gospel, jazz, funk, blues, rock and roll, swing music,etc.

xabad   

i don't like all those genres either, too noisy and chaotic for my taste. anything with bass and drums..... my ears can't take it.