Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Somaliland Government - 24 ministers

Illyria   

There are many troubling stories there, but others do not suffer from cognitive impairment and existing in perpetual illusion of wanting to make themselves feel better just because it is seemingly worse on the lower storey when in reality your own state of existence is poorly. Keep giggling until it catches on. Let us hope sooner.

NGONGE   

^^ Baashe & Xiin, waxay doonto ha noqoto; it still remains a democracy and, in a democracy, a citizen has every right to question government wastage.

p.s.

Suldaanka, never mind the ministers, how about the Somaliland "wakeels/safeers" abroad? I always wondered if those guys get paid.

The Sage   

I find it remarkable how the "doom sayers" can transform a thread about ministerial structure in Somaliland and turn it into a rambling of Somaliland hate slogans...it's almost an art. Then again their paranoia and fixation with putting the "last nail in the coffin" for Somaliland is almost laughable, you would think that they would realize that their non-nonsensical chanting and blowing hot air hasn't gotten them closer to their goal, all the while their nation is being occupied by foreign powers who are carving out fiefdoms for their permanent influence. How sad.

Xiin et al,

My gist is not about the reasons for this overly bloated cabinet. I understand it is got to do appeasing clans etc etc. However, what I am trying to get to is about the usefulness of naming a namesake minister for the sake of appeasing clans and not for the sake of the country. And also the apparent lack of thought that went into setting up such a cabinet.

I would be more content to have a Ministry for Social Issues (Qat and Cigarettes), Ministry for Cleaning Up Somaliland, Ministry for Unemployment and Job creation.

However, what would a minister for Postage or for that matter Minister for Nuclear Energy going to do if there is no such services in the country?

This goes for many small African countries who put the cart before the donkey and do not put enough taught into what they are actually governing.