Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Democratization Steering Committee supports Election Cycle and compliments governments leading role

Faroole has stayed up on many nights during the road map process (when many were busy scheming to win the seat at the top). His efforts bore fruits today. As the pics show he is well rested and back to back high level delegates to Garowe attest to his and his regions status as one the major political stakeholders in the country

Fiqikhayre;930533 wrote:
He furthermore underlined this important message:
'It is important that the upcoming local elections parliamentary election and
then indirect election of the President
be free, fair transparent and on time so that process can reach a positive conclusion.'

So it will be a British-style parliamentary system where the President is not elected directly but rather by local parliamentarians. Interesting. I wonder why that was chosen.

^^yes that is what they chose.

I would have preferred a direct election, not a parliamentary one. But I do realize ours is deeply a tribal society, and elect-your-representative-first system may work better for that part of country ...

^^No

Do we need to , Mintid. Given all the challenges facing him, Faroole is doing a fine job in Puntland. That is an impartial judgement.

xiinfaniin;930954 wrote:
^^No

Do we need to , Mintid. Given all the challenges facing him, Faroole is doing a fine job in Puntland. That is an impartial judgement.

Impartial, you say ;)

I highly recommend you do. You might learn a thing or two re:the American support for civil society democratization of Puntland. They're not fans of the man(Faroole) or his style. This is seen as a means of easing him out the door in a legal, non-violent way. Many of your kin are on board, involved in active discussions with the Embassy on this project. Whether it works or not is another story. After all, we all saw were the U.S. and U.K. stood on their choice for a winner in Kenya, and what the actual outcome turned out to be.

You see all the freebies I throw your way ;)

^^Except I am bit more informed than you think.

No such plans are in the works. Puntland is not Sweden. It is a peaceful enclave that is increasingly under alshabab threat. On the fight against alshabaab, and piracy Faroole has exceeded the expectation. On the IC's plan to revive Somalia, he has done an excellent job. On the democratization process, things has gone his way (if you are in the know). MIDNIMO, the only party that can challenge him, will take time to take off, and it is decidedly an ICTIZAM off shoot. So not sure what you are basing your prediction on for an election that is only 45 days away.

xiinfaniin;930957 wrote:
^^Except I am bit more informed than you think.

No such plans are in the works. Puntland is not Sweden. It is a peaceful enclave that is increasingly under alshabab threat. On the fight against alshabaab, and piracy Faroole has exceeded the expectation. On the IC's plan to revive Somalia, he has done an excellent job. On the democratization process, things has gone his way (if you are in the know). MIDNIMO, the only party that can challenge him, will take time to take off, and it is decidedly an ICTIZAM off shoot. So not sure what you are basing your prediction on for an election that is only 45 days away.

Xiin,

You tend to fly off the handle in all things Mintid-related ;)

Ku yaro noqo my previous post - Where do you see a prediction?? Digest the point before flying to the keyboard...

^LOL

I went with the gist of your post awoowe. You talked about 'easing him out of the door' , and IC 'not liking' the man stuff. I painted a contrasting political reality on the ground that points the opposite.

That was all.

Meanwhile, as I've pointed out numerous times, the security situation continues its ongoing deterioration in Puntland. This is often attributed to the Faroole admin's inability to pay the security services in critical cities within Puntland(the Garowe presidential contingent is paid for obvious reasons).

Latest event:

Kooxo hubeysan oo dhac u geystay Xarunta Shirkadda Xawaaladda KAAH ay ku leedahay Magaalada Boosaaso

Arbaco, Maarso 27, 2013 (HOL) — Kooxo hubeysan oo ka kooban shan qof ayaa dhac u geystay baqonimadii maanta xarunta shirkadda xawaaladda Kaah ay ku leedahay magaalada Boosaaso ee xarunta gobolka Bari, iyadoo lagu dilay halkaas maamulkii xaruntaas iyo mid ka mid ah waardiyeyaasha.

Goobjoogayaal ayaa sheegay in kooxaha dhaca geysanayay ay sidoo kale dhaawaceen laba ka mid ah shaqaalihii shirkadda,iyadoo la sheegay in lab ka mid ah kooxihii dhaca geystay ay xirnaayeen dharka ciidamada Puntland.

Dhaca kaddib ayay kooxaha hubeysani goobta ka baxsadeen, iyadoo aan la ogeyn lacagta ay dhaceen inta ay le’eg tahay, waxaase falkan uu noqonayaa kii ugu horreeyay noociisa oo ka dhaca magaalada Boosaaso.

“Ciidamada booliiska ayaa goobta soo gaaray shirkaddii dhaca loo geystay waxayna halkaas ka qaadeen labadii qof ee dhaawaca ahaa oo ay geeyeen isbitaalka guud ee Boosaaso,” ayuu yiri goobjooge halkaas ku sugnaa.

Sidoo kale, ruux goobjooge ah ayaa isaguna sheegay inuu arkay dhiig badan oo goobta daadsan, wuxuuna wixii uu arkay ku sifeeyay arrin naxdin leh oo aan horay uga dhicin degmadaas.

Maamulka Puntland weli kama hadlin falkan, iyadoo aan la ogeyn kooxaha dhaca geystay ciddii ay ka tirsanaayeen iyo halka ay aadeen, iyadoo ay ku soo beegmayso tani xilli maamulka Puntland uu muddo hal sano xil kororsi sameystay.

Maxamed Xaaji Xuseen, Hiiraan Online

maxuseen@hiiraan.com

Muqdisho, Soomaaliya

^^LOL

Armed robbery warrants Mintid political analysis :D You should not be that desperate to see Puntland fall. It faces more lethal threat from Alshabaab than this one-off day light robbery of Kaah