Sign in to follow this  
uchi

Where are you Mr. President?

uchi   

Why hasn't our newly elected president (Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud) not visited the rest of the country? like Hargeisa, Bosaso, Garowe etc? What is the hold up? surely he cant be too busy to visit the rest of the country he is meant to lead?

What is your take on this guys?

nuune   

Sure his advisors are against it even if he wants to visit, or his advisors are telling him to visit the rest of the country and he is agains it!

uchi   

Surely he should be the leader and invite himself to these places and bring some unity, if anything its a symbolic gesture for the rest of country.

Surely we have turned a new page & and he should act accordingly?

nuune   

Saa danbaan ogaan doonaa, what is also amusing is the defense minister made about 10 trips inside the country, more maybe, 5 of which was Baidoa alone, Beledweyn, Balcad, and I think some place in Gedo.

It is good and a real progress since a Defence Minister is actually doing these kind of travel to tell people how peaceful the areas are, but returning to a single place more than 3 times is something needs to be questioned while the rest of the country is awaiting him, I am not doubting his pure heart and the wonderful job he is doing, I do admire this guy, wallaahi I don't even know which region of Somalia he is from, and I am not waiting from anyone to tell me, Fiqi sounds good guy to me and he needs to double check and give respect to the rest of the country, Galkacyo, Galinsoor, Garoowe, Gaashaamo, Garbahaarey and many others are places he needs to pay a visit. .

uchi   

Honestly i am tired of this status quo nonense, I was really excited about the election, but my hope is slowing fading away for a more united and stronger Somalia.

One man can't build or bring to life one f*up nation whose citizens do everything but help you. Why can't Faroole reach out to Xasan? What's duty to the revival of the Somali nation?

Gabbal   

Nuune-

The Defense Minister visited Garbahaaray twice and in one setting payed some of the expenses used to fight Shabaab.

DSC04901.jpg

DSC04893.jpg

DSC04973.jpg

DSC05098.jpg

DSC05168.jpg

DSC05238.jpg

He was brought back as Defense Minsiter because he takes his job seriously.

STOIC   

I'm sure we all appreciate to see the president visit Somaliland, but that visit is a just dream right now.Should the president heed this dream then I'll be the first to send my congratulations.But we all know Unless we are smoking some heavy stuff no way in earth do we think the president has influence over Somaliland.The president is too smart to embarrassingly bumbled like the "advisors" on this boards.He knows Somaliland is an uphill task.The central Somali government is far from achieving a unified country.This will take time, for it is NOT a simple matter of landing in Hargeisa waving the blue flag.Current Somalia asks the president to make many decisions, and they are not easy!The president has long way to claim prowess on Somaliland issue.

PS There was a guy who used to write articles about the last nail in the Somaliland coffin..I think he still got some more coffins to work on before he can assure the president it is time to pay visit Hargeisa..

STOIC   

^Lool that got to be the funniest Somali opinion page contributor.It was fun reading his articles.He must be waiting for the right stuff to pen another one.

Mooge   

i don't think qoslaye's visit will mean anything. it is better he is isolated in his mowlac feasting on usual beans.