Sign in to follow this  
Love Somalia

This country has little or no hope over the next 4 years.

Mayaani   

dadbaa afartii sano sugi la'a war iska dulqaata oo danihiina wax u qabsada. TMZ nagu noqdeen sheikh madaxweynihiisa ha soo dhaweeye maxaa laga rabaa.

Miyir   

Love Somalia;918588 wrote:
To say I'm disappointed wouldn't cover after what I saw today.

I went as usual to pray Jumah in the State House Mosque. The President showed up very late, during the Khutbah, the Imam stopped the sermon for a full 5 minutes until the president finished praying and settled down, then continued after receiving a nod from the President to proceed.

The entire mosque was confused.

The sermon then became all about the 'glorious president', he spoke about his trip to the States, the attainment of US recognition. The 'historic visit to London' and continued in that vain. He then spoke of the Prophet making agreements with non-Muslims and compared him to President Hassan.

That was the Friday sermon, a feeble Imam trembling, fluffing his words praising the President and
praying God protect and empower him
in every other line, and so forth.

I was a supporter of President Hassan, but the little guy with the Napoleonic complex is a dictator already after just 3-4 months. Ministers who want to see him on urgent state business are sent away and told to make an appointment 2 days in advance.

This is just one small sample of his 'Presidential style'. Even Sharif, who was criticised a lot in his tenure hardly operated in this manner.

There is hardly a plan and agenda for governance over the next 4 years, outside of fluffly proposals in NGO lingo. May God help Somalia.

Thanx the update I knew he was small minded with no vision when he picked up the least qualified and yes man for the PM post.

Somalia at this moment and specially in this current status does not need nacamlayn or guulwadeen for the President. Respect the President and follow his orders but criticize him when he's wrong and do away with the irrelevant useless praises.

This Sheikh may have lived or educated in those little Arab dictatorial regimes like Libya's Gadhafi or Saleh's Yemen where every one had to sing praises for the great leader including and led by the Sheikhs themselves, and thinks that Hassan Sheikh is about to create his little Arab style dictator corner in Somalia. This has not worked in the Arab world where we have seen waves of revolutions and is now shaking the gulf states.

This Sheikh should have known better and used this opportunity to give the President Nasiixa, to encourage him to be on the right path, with the xaq and to be just to all, to have given him constructive criticism if the President had done wrong or made mistakes. Of course the President is human and will make mistakes as he goes along but who will correct him, if not our Ulema or the Sheikhs or the traditional elders or those that have greater responsibility and respect within our society.

This Sheikh should have put this opportunity (when the President was in attendance) to better use instead of praise, praise, praise and more praising.

Tallaabo   

Miyir;918761 wrote:
Thanx the update I knew he was small minded with no vision when he picked up the least qualified and yes man for the PM post.

Dr Abdul Wali could have done a lot to move this government forward. Blame the accursed 4.5

Mayaani;918755 wrote:
dadbaa afartii sano sugi la'a war iska dulqaata oo danihiina wax u qabsada. TMZ nagu noqdeen sheikh madaxweynihiisa ha soo dhaweeye maxaa laga rabaa.

Bored with the level of ciyaal like discourse here already.

There's a 101 legitimate issues to criticise this government on, one needs not to resort to making up stories. This is another yet instance where the behaviour of the political class of this country disgusts and disappoints me yet again, regardless of ideology, tribal or other affiliations.

Sometimes I doubt if these men cannot build a district, let alone a country. ilaahe baan qabnaa.

Samafal;918760 wrote:
Sxb we lived by hope for 23 years and still do,s o don't take it away from us.

Inshallah brother, things will improve and something good will happen for us.

Mario B   

This piece tells more about the nature of the man at the minbar than the supposed head of state, as for the President he is the product of the 'kacaanka' so expect a bit of African style of leadership :) .... Also quit the 'dictator' bit, we are not at the level of Mugabe, yet!!