Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Valentines day in Mogadishu

Got plans for Valentines days? Well Mogadishu does. Word on the street is City Plaza Hotel located in the Abdiaziz district I believe, kinda near lido, is hosting a Valentines day party which will include performances and a riwaayad I believe. The admission fee is $20 bucks!! Well at least you can pay with EZT eh?

I am sure several of the 1000's of hotels (yes an exaggeration but it really feels as if there were that many) will follow suit.

Mogadishu is moving forward, our should I say backwards to our laidback- go easy ways ;)

wyre   

somali's celebrating valentines, wallee somali dhinac kastoo loo jiido wey u jiidmee, they used to celebrate chrismas back in kenya

Aaliyyah   

SomaliPhilosopher;917943 wrote:
Got plans for Valentines days? Well Mogadishu does. Word on the street is City Plaza Hotel located in the Abdiaziz district I believe, kinda near lido, is hosting a Valentines day party which will include performances and a riwaayad I believe. The admission fee is $20 bucks!! Well at least you can pay with EZT eh?

I am sure several of the 1000's of hotels (yes an exaggeration but it really feels as if there were that many) will follow suit.

Mogadishu is moving forward, our should I say backwards to our laidback- go easy ways
;)

Anu waxanba aminsanahay in waxa ilaahay soomaali u habaarey ee tahay in ay back in the days ee ahayeen laidback oo ay diintoodi ka fogayeen inbadan oo ka mid ah. I hope we don't go back to those days insha'allah.

Aaliyyah;918144 wrote:
Anu waxanba aminsanahay in waxa ilaahay soomaali u habaarey ee tahay in ay back in the days ee ahayeen laidback oo ay diintoodi ka fogayeen inbadan oo ka mid ah. I hope we don't go back to those days insha'allah.

I hope we do ;)

i just made a call to xamar in the last hour or so to inquire about some business transactions, but also more importantly about the city's valentine's day activities. i'm afraid, its bad news as a strict curfew has been imposed in several districts in the city to weed out decedent and immoral behaviour. the reports, i'm currently getting, indicate the guddida wanaag farinta iyo xumaan reebista, a local civilian action group, will be very busy in the following districts:

1. heliwa district

2. hamarweyne district

3. yaaqshiid district

4. karan district

oba hiloowlow;917945 wrote:
Birimo is performing in saxafi hotel and Lafoole in city plaza on valentines day.

Yea I was in Xamar

Alpha Blondy;918356 wrote:
i just made a call to xamar in the last hour or so to inquire about some business transactions, but also more importantly about the city's valentine's day activities. i'm afraid, its bad news as a strict curfew has been imposed in several districts in the city to weed out decedent and immoral behaviour. the reports, i'm currently getting, indicate the guddida wanaag farinta iyo xumaan reebista, a local civilian action group, will be very busy in the following districts:

1. heliwa district

2. hamarweyne district

3. yaaqshiid district

4. karan district

Is this really true? or does this belong in your cantarbaqash enclave

Aaliyyah   

Apophis;918358 wrote:
I second the return of normalcy (which Aaliyyah's type are scared of) but not new western decadence such as "Valentine" nonsense.

scared? I don't think that is the correct word to use. I lived in non-Muslim countries for 22 years. I simply don't think it is fitting for Muslims to live the way Somalis did prior the civil war.

Aaliyyah;918373 wrote:
scared? I don't think that is the correct word to use. I lived in non-Muslim countries for 22 years. I simply don't think it is fitting for Muslims to live the way Somalis did prior the civil war.

Warkaas naga daa kow dheh. You could have been my date :cool: . Back to the main point Im sure you left the country early enough to not fully realize the Somali culture. Heck Im handicapped in that regard. I suggest you take a pause on the Quran and pick up a Somali history book because the 'way' we lived prior to the civil war was one of civility and unique culture. Do consider this 'way' you. promote has been birthed during an era of war and war has been in many ways birthed by it, most specially the later phase of the civil war.

Aaliyyah   

Apophis;918382 wrote:
Scared is the right word. You see, your type (hardcore religionists) have been in ascent since the fall of the republic (the last 20 odd years) but now , like all good things, your ascent is turning into a descent (the shabab lunacy really hit you hard and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future especially within the republic) and thus your ideologIcal hold on the society will wane. In sum, Somalia has started to liberalise and will far exceed, in my opinion, what we saw under the Kacaan government. Yeah, you will be a minority just like me.
:)

Alshabab is a group hungry for power they dont represent Islam. Secondly there is no such thing as hard core religionists. One is either practicing the diin or isn't. Islam isn't a menue that you pick and choose. And from the look of it Somalia will never go back to how it was kacanka. So stop being delusional.