Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Nabadoon Alpha Blondy Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Blondy View Post

ok. i apologies for calling you ''young'', okay?

i'm on a ''benevolent mission'' and even that's stretching it far, in all honesty. wadani, i think you've been away from the homeland for a long time. the situation on the ground is not as perceived by those with lofty diaspora aspirations of perhaps returning one day. i made a conscious decision to return home. i was ''broken'' and returned with the view of cleansing my ''hybrid-somali-from-a-distince westerner identity'' of any lingering vestiges of ''western values'' and more importantly of any continuing influences of western cultural norms. my aim to create a singular and indeed complete personal identity. i was deluded and felt British dee. in hindsight, it was also my protected upbringing that misled me about the harsh realities of life. i believed in this potent mantra of democracy, multiculturalism and human rights before denouncing the WEST forever. for the next year or so, i begun a process of self-evaluation, of change, of finding purpose and belonging. i did that by coming here.

my coming to somaliland trip was very much low-key, you see. i was a popular and rather active in diaspora-based pro-Somaliland events/lecture circuits but soon realise the 'group' i was cahooting with, were pathetic, khat-addled-Somalilanders-from-a-distance and in name ony. they spent their entire time on exchanging and repackaging the latest somaliland news and information, occasionally adding their own version of events to the latest developments. these men thought themselves the pioneers and protectors of 'Somaliland' in the diaspora. the misinformation and hyperbole were an attempt to manipulate the masses of patriotic Somalilanders in the qurbo-ha with the view of creating an unshakeable sense of nationhood and somalilandnimo. they'd often re-tell their dramatic stories of conquest and liberation and i was in that world. i was attentive and foolishly followed these lies in the hope that it would firmly solidify my shaky belief and weak sense of being. I was a dedicated follower in these cult circles and was hailed as the next big thing – a new form of somalilander from the qurbaha but with the lingo and ideology of cult leaders. but still, i yearned for more than mere stories and tales of biblical proportions. i came here and saw my land and realised the evil rubble-rousers and instigators, were so detached from reality and lived in a bubble, a bubble of illusory dreams and nightmare induced fallacies.

for the last three years, i've been working on grass roots, organic development, development dictated by us and not them conscious efforts to rebuild the broken social fabric of this land. the people of this land don't need the usual delusional nonsense peddled by fake politicians like 'international recognition'' and other such fallacies. i feel, they need to understand the importance of sacred social values of 'trust', confidence in their own being', deference, trust in social institutions and authority. from the very outset, i felt, through the various research and papers, i wrote on these matters that crucial societal rehabilitation efforts were being ignored and considered something peripheral that the somali customs, norms and values can wholly solve. I realised that through a grass-roots, bottoms-up and an organically Somali approach, I was more than capable of developing new methods, ideas and thinking that may signal a way forward. and i feel i've achieved those aims in their entirety by blogging on SOL and 'exoticisting' my mad exploits for all to see, in the hope they may confer me with accolades, sharaf points and ever lasting success. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

i was browising his trolls and cantarbaqash thread and found this amazing story. its poignant and deep-felt. we have so much to learn from Al. Alpha might fool around with us in here on SOL but he's a genuine person and dedicated social activist. he has abandoned this home in london to go back to this homeland and has kept us informed with his excellents posts. Alpha is a nabadoon and we are very much proud of him and his efforts. i have been exchanging lots of PMs with Alpha recently and we've become very good friends and he's a wonderful person.

Nabadoon Alpha Blondy has dedicated his whole life in make peace efforts between his people and he's one of the most genuine people in Somalia today. we are proud of Alpha and his efforts, once again.

oba hiloowlow;915131 wrote:
i was browising his trolls and cantarbaqash thread and found this amazing story. its poignant and deep-felt. we have so much to learn from Al. Alpha might fool around with us in here on SOL but he's a genuine person and dedicated social activist. he has abandoned this home in london to go back to this homeland and has kept us informed with his excellents posts. Alpha is a nabadoon and we are very much proud of him and his efforts. i have been exchanging lots of PMs with Alpha recently and we've become very good friends and he's a wonderful person.

Nabadoon Alpha Blondy has dedicated his whole life in make peace efforts between his people and he's one of the most genuine people in Somalia today. we are proud of Alpha and his efforts, once again.

Oba,

that is by far the greatest thing anyone has ever said about me walahi.

i'm really blushing right now and literally lost for words. your kind act of dedicating a thread to me and more importantly calling me Nabadoon has lifted my spirits. my spirits suffered a big blow recently after some questions were raised about my self-less contributions. i'll forever be grateful to you and will never forget these words. sometimes, its important we take time to think about each other here at SOL. the very fact that you've taken the time to remember me, Al, your friend and fellow comrade is enough for me, that you went even further and have gone through extraordinary efforts has been noted and will forever be logged into the annals of history. i'm genuinely touched by your recognition and support of my endeavours.

thank you, thank you very much, forever more.

Al.

Haatu;915314 wrote:
Apo, don't expect much. Oba's not too bright
:D

LOOL@Haatu,

come on! don't ruin the thread. in spite of whatever negative views you have about Oba, surely, you can see my efforts on the ground being important.

Apophis;915309 wrote:
I'm still waiting for the punchline of this joke.

there is no joke. no joke at all. its all real. were you expecting for there to be a joke? naga daa bahasha and isku xishood. surely, you don't want me to construe this as jealousy.

oba hiloowlow;915346 wrote:
nicca is that so we'll see if you can visit jowhar now
:)

absolutely. i agree.

Oba,

why are they making your efforts seem futile? is there something, i haven't been told yet? was this a mocking joke against me?

oba hiloowlow;915350 wrote:
I believe there is some Irir Samaale hate you see when a lander and muqdishawiyan are in a total agreement Apo and Haatu feel threatened for a unkown reason.
:(
:eek:

that's a shame. we needn't worry about their pathetic plans to undermine. even faroole wants to play with us! :D

naga daaya ciyaarta Haatu and Apo. isku xishooda and let others shine for once.