Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland: Airport Levy and Security Bill Approved

the OLD Somalia passport and Djibouti will pay the same as the British

:D

Who proposed such as joke? So all the Somalis that own residences and businesses will be considered as foreign as the one from Patagonia and get soaked up every other month.

Let's start by taxing Dahabshiil, Telsom and other traders, diaspora or elite a minimum (20% plus licences; serious regular levies on villas and cars etc) as done everywhere; nobody will soon be left without essential care or basic infrastructure.

But then again, politicians are paid just not to do that and divert attention to other nonsenses...

PS private management of Ports, customs etc make a lot of sense when fighting corruption, khat and other local ills as Dubai did with Djibouti port (unpopular discipline, khat ban, dismissals etc but world leading productivity and better revenues).

NGONGE   

nuune;914868 wrote:
Not attracting tourists, misleading article, well last time I was there, there was a compulsary $30 when leaving out of Hargeisa/Berbera, and when arriving they take $100 from you and give you thier own exchange rates, so in essence, from that $100, you ONLY get aroung $60-70 dollars exchanged for you into SL-Shilling.

http://www.travelblog.org/Africa/Somalia/Somaliland/Hargeisa/blog-769182.html

Wonder how much he had to pay! :D

NGONGE;915601 wrote:

Wonder how much he had to pay!
:D

We made it to the capital Hargeisa after a lot of checkpoints (1 every 20km or so) where I had my passport analyized, discussion about whether or not I should have to get a haircut as it was against Sharia to have long hair (which I have never heard before)
and most importantly loads of bribes purely in the form of chat for the policemen

According to him....waxba :D

Tallaabo   

Coofle;914893 wrote:
Those are only imposed on foreigners (Specifically
Reer koonfur
) .... my last time was 2011 and I paid no dime...Ironically while on the road from Berbera to Hargeisa I wanted to drink some Tuulo shaax, unfortunately the smallest bill in my pocket was 100$ bill.

You must have sneaked in illegally. I returned from Somaliland this month and had to cough up a total of $78 just for using the damn airport!!

nuune   

^^ lool so you are $2 away from my $80 figure, now tell the likes of Alpha who avoids airports and uses Wajaale just to pay $10 to a checkpoint police.

Coofle malaha minister of aviationkaa dhaley asset.php?fid=14&uid=3017&d=1313069411