Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Qaraami Club - who is your favourite and why?

nuune;914353 wrote:
^^ dhiiragalinta NFD, that won't be possible, and BBC, owned by the British, used to propagate imperial propaganda, would not in any way be used by Somalia for dhiiragalinta NFD.

You are mistaking Radio Muqdisho with BBC Somali

BBC Somali Service was established in 1957 by the way.

So Giriig's songs is no way connected to BBC Somali since he made his collections way before them, maybe after 1957, they might have aired his songs.

Ps;
Didn't realize you said Radio Cairo, what kind of Radio was this

Bro I know this for a FACT, I read the full paper whose abstract is here: http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=2461232

The full paper shows the actual songs played, when, the messages etc...

Juxa;914363 wrote:
what a list, what a list

My all time fav, amina abdullahi/gacayte, kinsi, sahro ahmed, khada, hibo, magool/tubeec, salaad darbi, abdinasir macalin, maandeeq

Juxa xoogaa yar bay iga weyn tahay. based on her fav singers

raula   

wyre:D hee

Nuune thx for the hx. & Coofle indeed Giriig waa MEGA, ULTIMO qaraami-you've got this almost dripping allegorical lyrics that makes up for thesimplistic & willowy tune. That's bona fide qaraami wale.

Aaliyyah   

When I hear qaraami Tubeec omar dhule magool fadumo hilowle hibo Nura etc come to mind. I personally was never into qarami songs but I enjoyed some songs of those I mentioned.

I dont know abt you guys but I feel uneasy listening to the songs of dead people. Waxa wanaagsan qof dhintey inti danbi lo kordhin laha in loo duceeyo.

Coofle   

QansaxMeygaag;914340 wrote:
Radio Cairo used to have Somali service as early as 1960s so it is possible that the song was played in the early 60s as well. The service was used to good effect for dhiiragelinta NFD folks and telling folks there to join Somalia and secede from Kenya...

Yeah Laftaydu ku tiri ku teen baan ku maqlay "Radio Cairo" ayaa lahaa laan af-soomaaliga ah, oo BBC-da wuuba ka horeeyay ama isku waqti baa la bilaabay...But I have no documented source...Just odayaal baan ka maqlay.