Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Somali women seek a brighter future in Mogadishu

With Somalia's UN-backed government consolidating its hold over the capital, Mogadishu, and other areas from al-Qaeda-linked militants, many women are returning to help rebuild the country, reports the BBC's Kate Forbes.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this Air Africa flight to Mogadishu," the Kenyan stewardess booms over the plane tannoy.

Absolutely no-one pays any attention, with passengers preferring to root through the overhead lockers or stand talking in the aisles.

The plane is full of familiar accents: British, Canadian and American. Open your eyes and you see it is packed with Somalis, mainly women, going to a "home" they barely know.

Click

Juxa   

Great to see women returning and wanting to participate rebuilding the country.

I am firm believer on returning, if nothing else, caruurta la qaqabo qalinka

if somali affairs were left to women who knows where we'd be today.

not very far. for starters our geographical spread would be only 1/1000 of its current size.

nuune   

Aaliyyah;913903 wrote:
As they say educate a woman and you educated a
nation
. Mashallah. Walee wa la noqonayaa, sooner than we think.

Nation refers to men, thanks for supporting our cause Aaliyah, and Alpha is delighted by that sentence as well and soon will bombard you Maashaa Allaah and Halaal lower gazes.

Ps: That lady is only one of MANY

Nuune,

i recently came across a shocking revelation. aaliyaah has listed herself as available on her local mosque (abu hafsa) marriage register. chances are that she'll be introduced to a reverted ex-convict. i don't habour any feelings for aaliyaah anymore. she can do what she wants. i'm not particularly concerned by her choices anymore. i will not lower any gazes from now on and will STOP the PM's, which considered mostly of romantic islamic poems.

nuune   

^^ Leave Aaliyah alone niyahow, are you going back to the UK since you adopted country had issued warnings there, are you not many Somalis who booked all flights in the next few weeks on their way to the UK.

Are you one of those causing the unrest in Somaliland, or as in the case of JB call this good news since he hopes many ministers who had British Citizenship will go back and leave their posts.

What are you doing there now, sxb, any plans, are you in safe hands, or planning to go to Mogadishu to become MAG(Mogadishu Airport Governor), warkaaga caddee sxb, nowadays our friendship is in jeapardy since you are clarifyinng many things to me, and your contant aggression towards Aaliyah makes our friendship more vulnerable to fail.

nuune,

why should i explain myself to you or anyone else for that matter. i'm sick and tired of the labels that have been ascribed to me

1. dhaqan celis

2. criminal

i'm sick of these insults. and its no wonder i'm offended as people seem to think i'm still receiving remittances. i get up early every morning and work hard...laakin, people don't seem to recognise my efforts - all they see is a loser and someone on the edge of losing and going insane.

i'm home and that's all that matters, really. i'm happy here and very content. mashaallah.

as for aaliyaah, i don't care for her anymore.

nuune   

Criminal, hheh, did they really called you that, I was once called khamri cab aan waxba qaad ka tareyn, the story is, dhowr niman baan mar isla qayilney, the place is Harer, they were hoping intuu marqaanka iga bato aan sidii wax waalan caawoo dhan iska hadlo iska daldalmo indhahuna caag i noqdaan, after many hours and hours, one them said, kan qaadka waxxbaba kama tarayo, ku kalaa soo boodey oo yiri, nin khamri cab ah qaad cunistiisa waxba lama ahan, marka being called criminal is alright, at least khamri cab laguma dhihin niyahow

Aaliyyah   

Alpha Blondy;913911 wrote:
Nuune,

i recently came across a shocking revelation. aaliyaah has listed herself as available on her local mosque (abu hafsa) marriage register. chances are that she'll be introduced to a reverted ex-convict. i don't habour any feelings for aaliyaah anymore. she can do what she wants. i'm not particularly concerned by her choices anymore. i will not lower any gazes from now on and will STOP the PM's, which considered mostly of romantic islamic poems.

edab yeelo inanyahow.

Aaliyyah   

nuune;913906 wrote:
Nation
refers to
men
, thanks for supporting our cause
Aaliyah
, and
Alpha
is delighted by that sentence as well and soon will bombard you Maashaa Allaah and Halaal lower gazes.

Nation includes men as well.

Our women rock; big up. They have held us together through thick and thin, enough of this macho BS. Miyiga iyo magaalo, our women are the most hard-working Soomaalis I know...

Aaliyyah;913959 wrote:
Aaliyah, and Alpha.

Alpha and Aaliyaah sitting under geed hoosti.

First comes resolving the Las Anod question

then comes recognition of Somaliland

then comes marriage

then comes half monkey half d hunter kids