Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Britons urged to leave Somaliland

^^Not really.

You guys are predictable. I don't believe the Brits are issuing this alert due to a real intelligence on the ground showing a credible alshabaab threat in Hargeysa. It is rather an expectation that your politics may spin out of control a bit. The framework to realign you back to the real world I am sure is in place. But there has been a long understanding between successive administrations in Somaliland and IC ...apparently the IC found that understanding inadequate to interact with the new political reality in Somalia. Consequently, understandable disappointments from those in the top of the admin may translate into street voilance ...a reasonable expectation , dont you say Oodweyne?

If that is way off of an analysis...you owe me an explanation as to why the rest of Somalia where terror infrastructure has been built in the last 6 years has not been impacted by this security alert.

xiinfaniin;913912 wrote:
^^Not really.

You guys are predictable. I don't believe the Brits are issuing this alert due to a real intelligence on the ground showing a credible alshabaab threat in Hargeysa. It is rather an expectation that your politics may spin out of control a bit. The framework to realign you back to the real world I am sure is in place. But there has been a long understanding between successive administrations in Somaliland and IC ...apparently the IC found that understanding inadequate to interact with the new political reality in Somalia. Consequently, understandable disappointments from those in the top of the admin may translate into street voilance ...a reasonable expectation , dont you say Oodweyne?

If that is way off of an analysis...you owe me an explanation as to why the rest of Somalia where terror infrastructure has been built in the last 6 years has not been impacted by this security alert.

Maybe because the rest of Somalia is and has been an absolute no-go area for British and other Western nationals for 20 plus years....

Hmmm... You think.....

^^Poor explanation, Mintid. But this is a bit hard to explain away.

In fact there is an active Embassy in Mogadishu as we speak. Foreign Secretary has been to Mogadishu last year. British presence in Somalia has been increasing, not decreasing, Mintid. Same goes to Oodweyne.

I am done speculating...Oodweyne has stopped playing the analysis game here in this fora. He is reduced to lash out against Siilaanyo adim on a one hand, and hold the forte for the notion of separation from Somalia on the other hand...a difficult balancing act that cannot be sustained in the long run.

xiinfaniin;913929 wrote:
^^Poor explanation, Mintid. But this is a bit hard to explain away.

In fact there is an active Embassy in Mogadishu as we speak. Foreign Secretary has been to Mogadishu last year. British presence in Somalia has been increasing, not decreasing, Mintid. Same goes to Oodweyne.

I am done speculating...Oodweyne has stopped playing the analysis game here in this fora. He is reduced to lash out against Siilaanyo adim on a one hand, and hold the forte for the notion of separation from Somalia on the other hand...a difficult balancing act that cannot be sustained in the long run.

We're getting a little a head of ourselves here! In fact, there is no British Embassy in Mogadishu or anywhere else in the former Somalia. A little Google search will clear that up for you. I can give you some pointers/links if that's necessary. The British Rep to Somalia operates out of Nairobi. I know the seasonal euphoria can sometimes addle the brain, but a return to reality is warranted.

The British (as well as all other Western presence) in Mogadishu are relegated to 'spook-activity' operating out of bunkers near the airport.

As for the security warning, I would take it at face value rather than jumping to conspiracy theories.

The Sage   

xiinfaniin;913929 wrote:

Yes I remember that visit. Sure does look like the British are REALLY confident about the security situation there ;)

V5mCAlP.jpg?1