Sign in to follow this  
QansaxMeygaag

Situational Friendships Versus Transcendental Friendhiships

QansaxMeygaag;912791 wrote:
So it is all about "fair weather friendships"? When the good times are rolling (laissez les bons temps rouler), everyone is your friend; you lose your job, power, position as Guurguurte's closest adviser, whatever and they all run for the hills?

LOL i got 3 friends i can count on the other folks are just ''friends'' like neighbours, people you work with, ciyaalka xaafada. most people are hustlers these day atleast where i am, the worst hustlers are your so called kinsmen

Reeyo   

Alpha Blondy;912807 wrote:
^

can we infer from the above, you also like me? you don't have to answer Reeyo.....

Does that even need an answer Alpha?

Wadani   

QansaxMeygaag;912808 wrote:
Isn't the hurt even worse with family, almost like the Shakespearean "et tu Brutus"? An "even you"? "I can't believe it" moment? Me thinks the knife goes deeper with family...

Ur right. Betrayal by family would definitely hurt more than betrayal by others.

somalee   

I'm deeply fascinated by the concept of ''Friends for the sake of Allah''. Unfortunately I have never had such a friend in my life. Someone to constantly remind you of Allah whenever you go astray and yet whom you can have an intelligent discourse with. Not the current wadaads who constantly nag you with Palestine and how the west is conspiring against Muslims, those who think the mention of ''girl'' in a conversation will lead to hell. I think friendship for the sake of Allah is transcendental. I remember once I was in Kenya and my aabo calls me and tells me to pass by the grave of his long time friend and pray for him, recite some quran on it. That kind of friendship which transcends even death.

i don't have many friends, i'm afraid. this is not a big problem for me, laakin. i know many people but rarely develop ''friendship'' type bonds with them. sometimes, situational friends can become good friends over time, particularly if you develop good ties with them outside of the workplaces. friendship is an ideal and value so sacred but a little overused these days. long terms friendships are particularly important. but new friends can also be important as you can learn from them. friendship should be based on strong companionship, trust and loyalty. that's what i think.

Aaliyyah   

What do they say, love all but trust a few.You only need few close friend that you can trust wholwheartedly. Arabs have a saying if there are too many cooks the soup gets spoiled. The more friends you have the more superficial those relationships will be.

Reeyo   

Now here is the interesting question I'm sure everyone is eager to know without offending.

Who is the patient?

:/

Reeyo;912851 wrote:
Now here is the interesting question I'm sure everyone is eager to know without offending.

Who is the patient?

:/

Apo is clearly not well. please don't encourage his cynical attempts to mock. i kinda feel sorry for him.

Reeyo   

chubacka;912853 wrote:
They're both in there and they both think they are the doctor!
:D

The irony of the insane. LOL

Had read about how crucial friendship is and how modernity has eroded it (relations are seen as key to health, happiness etc);

our elders used to treat friends like close family.

Friendship not built on spirituality and mutual encouragement towards good is doomed and superficial by definition (the rest should and can be overlooked with greater wisdom).

Rumaysah   

As we grow up, we realise it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones.

Good friends are hard to find so when you find one, hold on tight!