Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland government to lease its port Berbera to Dubai Ports World

N.O.R.F   

They will only lease it if it makes economic sense to them. They're already using Djibouti where they have invested heavily. The fact that SL is unrecognised and is a democracy will be a stumbling block.

Wadani   

Ur reading of the political charade being played by Kulmiye and Co. in broad daylight is spot on. Bilaash guru laguuguma bixin. :D

Carafaat   

Not a good move. Previous goverment turned down so many diffrent offers from Companies to lease and manage the port. These companies are only interested in using the cash cow fees rather then invest heavily in the port.

Seems like another get rich sceme from Qurmiye.

The Sage   

Besides the obvious feelings people have towards Silanyo and his party (of which I am neither a supporter or fan) what proof do they have of corruption or using these diplomatic moves to their benefit?

nuune   

Bas bas yaa Oodka, ha sii wadin, xaalku ma sahlana kolkaa, soo in dadweynaha ay kacdoon suubiyaan ma ahan, a peace one, and xukuumada be forced to declare an early election, for this to happen, Kulmiye are doomed to lose, but are the likes of Waraabe's Ucid any better if they takeover xukuumada, or any other minority xisbi, people will be more confused as to who will they like to vote to lead the government, so what are your proposals yaa Oodka, do you have any better alternative than the current admin.

The Sage   

Oodweyne;910866 wrote:
And there are other stuff that I shan't go into it now which in turn will make one's jaws drop in shear amazement.

While I haven't visited the teashops of Hounslow or Woolwich in a while (a bit of a long flight for me) these allegations are quite troubling. Although the activities are quite pervasive in all African countries the apparent openness is what surprises me. In all honesty i don't think this is the result of a leadership problem in Somaliland (of whom have had quite a few successes) I think it boils down to greedy cabinet members and party officials...which in turn reflects badly on the leadership.

Ultimately I think there will be a very anti incumbent mood at the polls come 2015...but according to the sensationalist postings on the forum Somaliland would have collapsed by then lol