Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

rendiile language almost like somali

nuune   

^^ Let the man chill in Xamar, he landed there yesterday, right now the last thing he needs is my language is better than you and I own you since you were once me.

The version I heard is that they were called "reer diide" - they refused their reer, moved out and intermarried with Samburu and Maasai to form a new, unique culture - but me thinks it is just Somali exceptionalism, oh aren't we great, aren't all people descended from us baloney. A worrying trend I see is reer galbeeds thinking all Somalis "evolved" from there...

The Gabra also cushitic cousins have some words very similar to Somali e.g. the original cushitic word for geel, gaal (as in ******, gaaljecel - father/lover of camels). Also, I was shocked to see in an anthropology text, the traditional Gabra way of saying sorry was to buy sheep and tie it to a tree somewhere in the middle of the village i.e. like "subeen-xir".

I have a friend who is Rendile and he understands 80% of the somali language and he looks more somali than i do! he talks abt this reer diindle story also. may be there is some truth to it?.

ok...even Rudy understands their language! even though i dont understand my cousin mofos that i just brought them from Zeylica!! So what country do these folks leave in???

I am sure they nomads like me! i left somalia in the 4th grade.........never been back there since then. lus/love u somalia