Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Christopher ''the Epic Trekker'' Stanfield - Somaliland's Latest Attempt At Recognition

HARGEISA (Somalilandsun) – Non State actors are an integral part of health development in the country. This was revealed by the executive director of the Somaliland Non state Actors Forum-SONSAF Mr. Mohamed Ahmed Mahmud during a welcoming meeting for Mr. Christopher Stanfield at the forum's offices in Hargeisa.

Mr. Stansfield is a British citizen who is in the country where he concluded the epic 4000 Kms journey he undertook on foot from Cairo to Hargeisa in order to raise awareness on Somaliland and funds for the Edna Aden Hospital.

During the meeting the SONSAF boss who congratulated the youthful Briton for his charitable act towards health promotion in the country informed that his organization and individual members shall fully participate in the Stanfield local fundraiser which is geared towards helping raise his ₤100,000 target for the Edna Hospital.

The local fundraiser established by Stanfield has attracted a lot of sponsors spearheaded by Dahabshil and its sister company of SOMTEL as well as SONSAF, Sagal jet, Somalilandsun.com, Somaliland.org, Geeska Afrika and Juba express among others.

Negotiations with others like Telesom and government institutions are underway thus a full house of local sponsors during the launch of the Stansfield appeal on at the civil service hall in Hargeisa on Sunday 13th Jan 2012.

The appeal has has so far attracted some local donations through the accounts of Dahabshil HRGD33141and ZAAD 4806599

--------

madness but to give credit where it's fully due - he has done an excellent job. our hopes and aspirations now solely rest on Christopher ''the Epic Trekker'' Stanfield. he has achieved more than the 'barjaaj' minister of foreign affairs, whose travels have thus far FAILED to produce the elusive recognition.

He's got the whole world in His hands,

He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got my brothers and my sisters in His hands,

He's got the sun and the rain in His hands,

He's got the moon and the stars in His hands,

He's got the wind and the clouds in His hands,