Markuu hingan waayo

Ayaan huriwaaga

Haleel cuskadaaye

Habeen ma wadaagno

Haddaan magaciisa

Dantaydu higgaadin

Ma soo hadal qaado” :D

Injecting elders talk into a dying forum

To paraphrase Ibn Khaldoun, the most serious error is to ignore the basic laws governing the transformation of human society. It is quite remarkable that politicians from the aforementioned Somali clan feature prominently in the cabinets of the three most important countries in the Horn, namely Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia. What is more important is the convergence of interest among various players in the large clan, shaping the contours of the regional politics. Kismayo is a case in point.

When Professor Gandi declared Kismayo as the capital of an Azania state in a Nairobi hotel, most Somali political observers dismissed him as a bookish professor with no sense of appreciation of the political intricacy of the Jubba region. What most avid followers of Somali politics missed then is how elaborate the Jubba political scheme was structured and how encompassing its design was, interweaving complex geopolitical and national political and economic interests of three Horn countries. Professor Gandi’s Azania declaration was not to be lost in vain, indeed. The political roadmap that emerged soon after was quite marvelous: the road to stability in the Horn region goes through Kismayo. The said stability will be facilitated by Og-aadeen leaders who have direct stake not only in the city but in the stability of Nairobi and Addis as well. Yusuf Hagi, Kenya’s powerful defense minister, and Abdi Iley, the governor of the Somali region in Ethiopia, become, in the perception of many, influential in the deliberations of south Somalia’s stabilization plan. There is no escape from the ever growing presence of the Og-aadeens in the Horn.

The Kismayo issue stirred emotions in the south as many especially those in Mogadishu sensed the resurgence of an enemy clan, manifested this time in an Og-aadeen dominance over the affairs of arguably the most prized city in the south. When the new elected president attempted to go against the strong political current of these determined Og-aadeen men, he too quickly realized the depth of their political calculus. In Ethiopia, the Somali president was greeted by Abdi Iley, and two Ethiopian cabinet ministers, all from the resurgent clan. In Kenya, expectedly Yusuf Hagi was among Kenyan leaders in talks with President Hassan during the official state visit. Even Hassan himself managed to bring one Og-aadeen minister along to Nairobi. In regional bodies and organizations, Og-aadeen men are present representing one or more of the three countries.

It wasn’t long ago when Og-aadeen polity was characterized by fruitless wars and long running rebel activity in the region. Today, it seems, a new generation of leaders have emerged from this community who are determined to reverse the fortunes of their people to the better. Ethiopia, Kenya, and Somalia seem to have recognized the important nature of the geographical setting of this community. That is why the rise of Og-aadeen is orchestrated by the very countries that were historically viewed as perpetrators of deliberate oppressions, sometimes in a large scale, against Og-aadeens.

Obviously such transformation will engender opposition and resistance from other communities in the political theatres Og-aadeens are expected to dominate. The first bullets of this resistance are fired in Mogadishu. Al though President Hassan has shown an intention to defuse the Kismayo standoff, the vital political signs of Mogadishu are signaling growing opposition to the Og-aadeen rise in the South, and the political leverage that would inevitably come with it.

Don't think for a second that Ras Kibaaki controls Kismayo LOL

Explain to us what OGs control in south Somallia?

By the way you don't even control where you really are the majority, LOL

1_245663_1_5.jpg

When Puntlanders are praising the political skills and the competence of Azanians when it comes to the political arena and not only that when they add the rise of the O'gadens every one knows there is something fishy. Keep in mind the O'gadens are still at war with the Ethiopians well atleast in Ethiopia. So there is little room for them in addis ababa unless they surrender to Haile mariam deselegn complety the leader of Ethiopia.On the Kenyan part they played it well i give you that the only problem is never was a regional state declared and established with the help of foreign troops present not in galmudug not in Puntland ximan iyo xeeb but if they pull it off than kuddos to them.

Xaaji Xunjuf;905123 wrote:
When Puntlanders are praising the political skills and the competence of Azanians when it comes to the political arena and not only that when they add the rise of the O'gadens every one knows there is something fishy. Keep in mind the O'gadens are still at war with the Ethiopians well atleast in Ethiopia. So there is little room for them in addis ababa unless they surrender to Haile mariam deselegn complety the leader of Ethiopia.On the Kenyan part they played it well i give you that the only problem is never was a regional state declared and established with the help of foreign troops present not in galmudug not in Puntland ximan iyo xeeb but if they pull it off than kuddos to them.

I would like to see that LOL

They are not united people and don't know how to fight, and they form a very small tiny percentage in Somalia LOL

To the admin: pardon the usage of Og-aadeen term. This is a nation, not a qabiil. In the jurisprudence, there is a mark for water volume and when it reaches, it becomes immune to contamination (najjaasah). Similarly , this community is etimated to be around 7 million , in that sense, speaking of them is akin to speaking of Republic of Central Africa. They are no longer clan.

EDIT:

XX, and the new script are missing the point. I await those on the fora with more intellectual muscle.

xiinfaniin;905127 wrote:
To the admin: pardon the usage of Og-aadeen term. This is a nation, not a qabiil. In the jurisprudence, there is a mark for water volume and when it reaches, it becomes immune to contamination (najjaasah). Similarly , this community is etimated to be around 7 million , in that sense, speaking of them is akin to speaking of Republic of Central Africa. They are no longer clan.

EDIT:

XX, and the new script are missing the point. I await those on the fora with more intellectual muscle.

eDITED

What xiinfaniin fails to realize is that O people in Ethiopia using foreign leverage is not good for the Somali state he so attached to and holds so close to his heart when ever it suits him:D. Kenya just got involved end 2010 in Somalia it has lot to learn so on Kenyan Somali Politicians there is so little they can do perhaps hold some conferences in Kenya but that's about it. If the ONLF surrender to Ethiopia and admiral Osman jets of to Addis ababa and makes peace with the TPLF. Than the O community can have lots of influence in the region it can even use the Liyo police or even the federal troops inside Somalia to fight against HAG elements if they want and forcefully establish their Azania Kingdom.

Haatu;905128 wrote:
lol Amaantan xagey ka timi? Although tolka is a rising force, it's biggest enemy is still itself.

Xaad iyo Abwaan bu dhiiga ku kicinaya Faroole oo puntland qasay na sheekada wu ku qarinaya wax fahan niyo caqligu wali ma cagahu idinkaga jira goormaad nimankan puntland baranaysan.

Xaaji Xunjuf's negative sentiment against O people is understandable. Abdi Iley, the leader of Og-aden region has exacted some restrictions on the clan of Faysal Waraabe, who thought during the political vacuum days his cousins were closer to the Ethiopia than they were to Mogadishu. The tables are now reversed, and good Xaaji Xunjuf is now feeling the heat from Iley boys. So his sentiment is along those lines -- a bit small but still valid.

My take on this is the rise of this clan will be a positive development and will bring prosperity to all Somali lands including those with two flags in Hargeysa :D

Haatu   

Xiin, Garissa County igu tiri :D

Xaaji, reer P/land was mas. Waa sir miidhan. In layska celiyo waa laga maadhmaan.

Apo, that tone again!

xiinfaniin;905141 wrote:
Xaaji Xunjuf's negative sentiment against O people is understandable. Abdi Iley, the leader of Og-aden region has exacted some restrictions on the clan of Faysal Waraabe, who thought during the political vacuum days his cousins were closer to the Ethiopia than they were to Mogadishu. The tables are now reversed, and good Xaaji Xunjuf is now feeling the heat from Iley boys. So his sentiment is along those lines -- a bit small but still valid.

My take on this is the rise of this clan will be a positive development and will bring prosperity to all Somali lands including those with two flags in Hargeysa
:D

I was just stating the possible scenarios for the O community but even if the ONLF forges peace with Ethiopia another group will take up arms same O people and continue the war against the Abyssinians. It was always like that you are not familiar with them this is not Bari the life in hawd is hard we live for camels die for camels and the living conditions is below average. We don't wear silk and get sick when we smell sea food. if Abdi ileey tries to hurt Ethnic Somalilandish people in gaashamo aware daroor etc those people know how to fight xabadu wiif wiif.

Affarta ma cel celiyey oo ma is daba ciidamiyey

Codkagan kaga bilaabay miyaan col kalena kiciyey

Cartan iyo camuud ma is dhex coomiiyey colaadi tiilay

cabdi ileey iyo curadadisi ceelkan gudihisa ma ku coojiiyey

Somalia   

First of all, I think we can all testify to the fact that I am not a clan cheerleader. Number 1. :eek:

Second, I was no good friend of the big footed people, politically speaking. I believed they were going in the wrong direction, a truly horrendous direction with a lot of dire consequences. However, the recent Jubbaland affair has shown me another side to these men, a side of hunger. I myself possess this hunger, it is a rare trait my friends but it can yield tremendous results. Once you have this intricate gift you will not stop, you will not rest, you will not linger, you will fight. Today I embrace my hungry friends, because I feel them, I understand them.

God bless them, and God bless America.