Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Inside the Saudi Kingdom

Apophis;898199 wrote:
Sound like the same BS which was used to justify slavery; put yourself in their position and then tell me if you would like to be treated like an adult or a child/slave.

clap_sohappy.gif

N.O.R.F   

LoL Nuune (welcome back).

I had a feeling this thread would go south. In order to really understand the issues being faced and how they're being dealt with you need to watch the video. All societies have issues. Some of you are criticising them for not giving women their rights but, going back to Ibti's thread about women and education, things are progressing at a pace acceptable to most Saudis. Things will not change overnight.

Oh yeah, some of you need to leave your comfort zones and go and see the world. I promise you your views will change.

NGONGE   

^^ I see open goals, I shoot (or at least try to stop myself from shooting). Nothing personal warya. (see below :D).

Oh you silly Wadani! Did you really have to let him off this easy? :D

A man that would threaten his own mother and sister should not really be talking about any moral compass, saaxib.

Wadani   

I wonder how far the dayuusnimo goes for the both of u. How about ur sisters or daughters going on dates (western style), is that fine too?

NGONGE   

^^ It is all about the choice of words, weepy wadani. I would love my sister to be a god fearing and rule abiding woman (which she is) but she's no sheep that I control. Wax fahan.

Wadani   

I don't own them, nor can I force them to do anything. But if they choose a wayward path that will bring shame to me and to them, then I would cut them off for good. Luckily the womenfolk in my family are wonderfully modest, strong and God-conscious, alhamdulillah.

Wadani   

Apo, if I become a bit loose in the future I now know places where I won't be afraid of anyones brother or father :cool: It'll be easier than taking candy from a baby, since infants atleast put up a teary eyed protest, however futile it is.

Wadani   

Inherently loose, well ofcourse I am. But i control my base desires because I desire sharaf from the community I live in and paradise in the hereafter. Which healthy and verile male doesnt want to sow his seeds far and wide?

Wadani   

Ur a silly man. When it comes to my base desires, yes I control them to get something in return. As for those deeds that infringe on the rights of others, then I don't need religious instruction to avoid them, because God has made me a decent human being as a result of my genetic makeup and socialization. If i were a non-believer, would i have illicit relations with many women and drink wine to my hearts content? yes. Would I steal from people, or insult them, or not get up from my seat on the bus for an elderly person....hell no.