Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

Abdullahi Yusuf's Chief of Staff Retells Puntland Overtures to Somaliland

Somalia;879672 wrote:
I Cigaal was the man who spend 6 months in Kenya negotiating without authorization regarding the status of NFD, a role in which he played a weak hand for Somalia, eventually losing his cabinet seat because of it. Or is it the same Cigaal that during the negotiations of NFD in Kenya 1967 believed Somalia had no right for NFD, cause if NFD became part of Somalia, his secessionist aspirations would be weaker.

:D

Any source where you get this information or just sheekaddii adeerkaa kuugu sheekayn jiray. Wixii fiicanba inakaa leh dadkana inakaa ugu badan/wanaagsan

Somalia   

Ma adiga baa ii mooday taking history from uncles? This is common knowledge so is the fact that Siad Barre annulled the agreement after taking office.

Notice, neither Carafaat or Xaaji Xunjuf (of all people!) disputed it.

But since you asked I would suggest a few Somali history books for you like Taxanaha Taariikhda Soomaaliya that comes in many forms so you maybe can learn a few things about Somali history.

Somalia   

Oooh so nooow you speak up :D, I already gave my source. I am just laughing at the fact that you couldn't refute it the first time around, like a true qaldan one has to have a long sleep after a qat session. :eek:

I see you guys are disputing the following;

1. Cigaal was let go just after 1 year in office.

2. 1962 a coup attempt takes place in Waqooyi Galbeed led by two secessionists (from the secessionist clan) and it is quashed.

3. You dispute Cigaal's hand in NFD negotiations which was the reason he lost his cabinet seat (the most influential northerner was sidelined)

I just can't, I just can't have a rational conversation with you people.

Somalia   

Don't be pissed off with facts, my daddy would probably concur given that he's not from the qaat induced enclave.

USR78.png

I don't see Cigaal in the second cabinet, where is the most high ranking northerner? Where are you? Oh where are you Cigaal?

The following quote acknowledges a coup attempt by secessionists (from secessionist clan);

wuxuu ahaa ninkii
1962kii
maxkamda soo saaray
saraakiisha ciidanka ee u hoggaaminayey Xasan Kayd
ee isku dayay in Somaliland goosato.

http://oodweynenews.com/articles/115702-ma-runbaa-jaamac-yare-waxa-madaarka-ku-qaabiley-faysal-cali-waraabeby-ayanle-hussein.html

For example, in 1961, Somaliland’s military officers, led by Hassan Kayd, attempted to reclaim Somaliland's

independence.

http://wiredspace.wits.ac.za/bitstream/handle/10539/4942/THESIS_-_FINAL3_revision.pdf?sequ..

Arusha Agreement

ARUSHA CONFERENCE OCTOBER 1967

President Kaunda convened a conference at Arusha (Tanzania) on October 28th which was attended by President Kenyatta (Kenya) and Prime Minister Mohamed Ibrahim Egal (Somali), with President Nyerere (Tanzania) and President Obote (Uganda) officiating as observers. President Kaunda took the chair.

During the conference, which lasted seven hours, officials of the three delegations accompanying the three Heads of State and Government, were asked to leave the hall from time to time whilst Presidents Kaunda, Kenyatta, and Prime Minister Egal conferred on their own. The final session, which approved a communiqué, was also attended by President Nyerere and President Obote as observers. President Kenyatta thanked the Somali Prime Minister for requesting that he, Mr. Kenyatta, should lead the Kenya delegation.

Excerpt from Africa Research Bulletin, vol. IV, pp. 856, 859, 973, 1195-1196.

Somalia   

What you posted is absolutely irrelevant to the topic we were speaking about, why don't you do yourself a favour and pick up a book, maybe the one I suggested?

Tp3dU.jpg