Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

A Source of Inspiration: 'Our' Kamil - a Man of the People

its not often i invite locals around but today i broke the mould and with traditional by inviting a commoner - Kamil, instead of the usual 'members of the Somaliland elite, close personal friends of the highest calibre'. kamil is a taxi driver and i've been using his services after my Toyoto Amazon broke down and with no spare parts for such an expensive car in somali-land, it seems i'll have to get use to kamil.

i've known kamil since December last year. he's not someone i considered human and capable of feelings, that was until today. kamil is brilliant and a man of the people. we discussed many things and he just left me after spending almost 2 hrs together discussing life and its meanings, politics, society and the cultural aspects of somaliland. he recited many of the maxrum works and i blissfully felt vacant, even if for a couple of hours. we arrived back to my house after he picked me up from work after yet another unsatisfying day and i was rather sad to see him leave, i would've paid for his company but i had to act like a 'somebody'. since july, i've cut away with all my friends and when kamil said 'its never a good idea to have too many friends.....' this evoked the truthful sentiments my mothers spews down the phone during our daily calls.

the likes of kamil are seldom visible nor attract the attention of superfical folks like me. sometimes, the truth is right there in front of you, its a shame its taken this long for me to realise it. today marks a change in thinking insofar as my perspectives, direction and values are concerned. that is not to say i'll change my ways but it means to be more humbler.

Ibtisam   

Why is this not in the cantrabaqash corner. You made it, yet still post new threads. NAga da dee.

P.s. Everyone is a commoner- most of the taxi drivers were Diaspora when you were a shoe-less reer miyi. They were in Yemen and on the high seas. :D

Apo, you little div, you're Somalia's script and its now become quiet clear.

*Ibtisam;878545 wrote:
Why is this not in the cantrabaqash corner. You made it, yet still post new threads. NAga da dee.

P.s. Everyone is a commoner- most of the taxi drivers were Diaspora when you were a shoe-less reer miyi. They were in Yemen and on the high seas.
:D

IBZ 2 things:

1. there are no laws barring one from posting contrabaqash. becos this is not the same as trolling as its pure and unadulterated entry blogs about my journey to hell and the strange and indeed amusing things i have seen ee naga da dee LOL.

2. you do not know Kamil and quite frankly its rather ignorant of you to subsume this gentle of a man into your pigeon-holing and the categories you've device for the purposes of trying to be non-nonchalant and dissing-care (idoesnt care in english).

Ibtisam   

Alpha, then get a blog- you can write whatever you want and delete comments you dont like.

As for Kamil- is that your pet name for him? surely you dont have an Indian taxi driver. In any case- you just mad, someone you thought was nothing is better than you and your shiny suits :P:D

Apophis: My charity only extends to people with real problems, :D

Apophis;878529 wrote:
[/size]

Hate to break it to you bro but your dusty dacaas also identifies you as a commoner lol

please do not take my words out of their original context and misconstrue them to make me sound elitist. this was not my intention. in any given situation, there's bound to be a dichotomy of sorts, in other words social dynamics. certainty, i'm the outsider here, at least that's how i'm viewed and the use of the term 'commoner' is actually recognition of Kamil's status and clear sense of place.

Ibtisam   

^^^I dont see you helping, you are laughing at his expense and egging him on. What kind of friend are you??? -

Trying yo figure out this dropbox thing- wont download but works with my phone. Im going to become one of those people glued to their phones at this rate. :P! yiiik.

Alpha and you can probably help each other better if Im not here - so Im leave you guys together.

*Ibtisam;878563 wrote:
Alpha, then get a blog- you can write whatever you want and delete comments you dont like.

As for Kamil- is that your pet name for him? surely you dont have an Indian taxi driver. In any case- you just mad, someone you thought was nothing is better than you and your shiny suits
:P:D

Apophis: My charity only extends to people with real problems,

LOL@IBZ,

when i recently asked if you were bulimic - i was rather worried that maybe you weren't getting a balance diet LOL so feel free to take a strike against me, laakin just this time?

i can assure you that Kamil is real name and i can pass his number on you if wish. he's very punctual.

as for the shiny suit, i guess you're the expert on all fashion matters and your opinions on these matters must be true.

Apophis;878569 wrote:
^^ The "solar panel" look is very popular these days. I salute your brave style Mr Blondy! :

lol@Apo,

you got me there! alright i can allow it this time!

Ibtisam   

Lol. Seriously you want to talk about food and balanced diet in a country that just has Barstow baariis and huge hunks of hilib. Yiiiks.

how dare you IBZ!!!!

it never cease to amaze me that you've yet to change your obsessive nature of observing subjects in a sordid and sensational way despite the length of time you've been here. i've told you many times, stop the categorisations and what-have-yous. learn to deal with this alleged 'harsh environment' please. i can help, if required. yes, of course, to you and your like, there will always be just 'limited options' laakin, i'm the one getting up 5am to source the freshest produce from jama gunti market and then making it with my bare hands.

i'll tell you what, now that i'm doing evening classes at UoH in nutrition, i can help you with maintaining a balanced diet ya?