Sign in to follow this  
Sulleiman The Great

Lets all Behave

Ok..Now that the ride has come to a full stop let’s all gather ourselves and behave, I know as somali we like to bask in victory and serenate ourselves with the defeat of our enemies (most often being other somalis). Right now it’s not the time, I see my fellow puntlanders are already putting up the bravado and the anti-puntland camp doing their fair share of "in your face", but we must all take a deep breath the game has not started yet, this was nothing more than the selection process, we all want somalia to succeed so lets not wish defeat upon ourselves by clandizing and marginalizing our new leadership, we must first give them a fair chance see how they play their game, perhaps within a year our criticism will have been earned. Now is not the time, any person who opposes the president for picking a person who is not his clansmen is a hypcrite, and any person who tries to score point from "the other" team using the president selection is also a hypocrite and is seeking nothing more than opposition. This is not how we want the new federal government of somalia to have it birth. In a years time we will all have more than enough stones to throw at the opposition but for now...let take a deep breath, compose ourselves , congratulate the new PM, and wish the new administration luck..

For the Puntlanders: if you show opposition to this new PM based solely on the fact that he is not "your man" you will be the embodiment of what those on the otherside criticize you for , a power hungry biased group of people.

For the Anti-Puntlander: if you seek to clandized this new administration, you will only get opposition and deadlock from puntland and realistically speaking this will lead to the new administration being just a southern/mugdishu based administration.

I would like to take this time to congratulate the New Prime Minister of the Federal Republic of Somalia