Sign in to follow this  
Shinbir Majabe

Somalia's first female police cadets in 20 years

For the first time in 20 years, the Somali Police Academy in Mogadishu has started accepting female students.

Dozens of young Somali females want to join.

They regard joining the police as patriotic, saying that Somali women are capable of achieving peace and security in the country.

Marksman   

That will be changed in the future inshallah. It doesn't look very mobile indeed. Compare that to these Somali female soldiers for instance.

EYE_GA_00402978.jpg

Chimera   

Hideous uniforms, the old Somali female military and police uniforms that you can see in these stamps were more professional and efficient.

632_001.jpg

Raamsade   

They're wearing way too much clothing. Just imagine them getting a bullet wound. It'll take forever for the paramedics to stop the bleeding as they struggle to remove all that clothing.

Jacpher   

^Right. The paramedics struggle to save bullet wounded victims right here in Chicago in the cold winter because of the insane amount of layers of clothing people wear. If theses victims wore bikins their lives would be that much easier to save.

Jacpher;877801 wrote:
^Right. The paramedics struggle to save bullet wounded victims right here in Chicago in the cold winter because of the insane amount of layers of clothing people wear. If theses victims wore bikins their lives would be that much easier to save.

Jacpher please be nice to Raamsade because I understand he hails from Hiiran region where the only woman who performed her prayers was called Salaado :)

Raamsade   

^LOL

Jacpher, people in cold climates HAVE to wear lots of clothing else they run the risk of dying or getting seriously ill from exposure to the extreme cold. So the advantages of wearing extra clothing in cold climates far, far outweigh the risks of dying from bullet wounds because of the difficulty of removing excess clothing. The converse is NOT true in the case of Somalia. For one thing, Somalia is extremely hot so why wear so much clothing?

Jacpher   

^Now you want to talk about justifications and reasoning for wearing or not wearing layers of clothing. Remind me your earlier point? Wasn't it like this, If you wear a jilbaab and bullet strikes, you may bleed to death because EMT would need more time to remove it.

But if it is winter and you have a jacket, sweater, shaati, funaanad, gloves, two socks, lucky you EMT will have ample time to save your behind because it is cold and you need plenty of clothing. I'm confused sxb. Why is EMT timing changes depending on season or location. :D

AYOUB   

^ Call it what you like, I'd put on extra layers if I was about to get shot. Why don't you chaps cut the dog-shid and give the real reason why you don't like the uniform instead if hiding behind paramedicine. :)