Abtigiis

Swallowing Hargeisa

Abtigiis   

"I met last night in stealth with wisdom's elder

Begged him to divulge in full life's secrets

This he softly, softly whispered in my ear:

It must be seen, it can't be told, so hush!"

Rumi, in Swallowing the Sun"

The other thread about Hargeisa is now beyond repair, so I opted to do the real chronicles afresh.

If you are looking for the secrets of life in Hargeisa, don't look at the roads, at the grey and white buildings, at the colourful dresses of people walking in droves along the dusty roads, look at the insides of the people of Hargeisa. The people are the soul of Hargeisa. Tenacious, optimistic, cooperative, kind and by far the most generous people on earth, if you don't fall in love with the Hargeysaawis, then you have the heart of a sinister pirate from Garowe or a jealous anarchist from Galgaduud. Hargeisa is home to bright young professionals and competent businessmen, but it is the tenacity and self-belief of the ordinary folks that is what I admired most.

Beyond that, life is pretty calm and nice for those who earn some good money. You will be spared the headache and stress of big cities and you will enjoy fresh meat and vegetables free from fertilizers and pesticides. If you are not working, it can be pretty boring, particularly in the mornings. Life gets more relaxed and interesting after 5:00. Best places to go for food include Kaah, Ambassador, Fish and Steak, and Village D'Aafrique, but then these are not the one's with the best food, they are most scenic. Hadhwanaag for instance is a horrible place but they have a nice fish finger meal.

....more updates...

Mustafe   

Abtigiis,

Can you buy books online and get them delivered within two weeks in Hargeisa, or any where else in Somalia for that matter? Well may be not Mogadishu just yet, and most definitely not kismaayo while those lunatics are around, but the rest of the country I mean?The only thing I worry about if I moved back home is whether I would be able to acquire books, internet connection and may be Danish Custard. I can get used to the cold shower, and dusty streets though, lol.

Blessed   

^Buy a kindle, Somali books or books related to Somalia are readily available from the Red Sea Online branch in Hargaisa. Eat Danish custard until it makes you sick, then you won't miss it. :P :p

This sounds more like Abtigiis. ;)

i'll respond back to this thread as soon as possible. i'm currently under arrest after threatening to shoot someone this morning. walahi, my situation is not good. i may be in trouble.

Abtigiis   

Alpha Blondy;872255 wrote:
i'm currently under arrest after threatening to shoot someone this morning. walahi, my situation is not good. i may be in trouble.

What is the name of the woman you threatened to shoot??

wyre   

Jacaylbaro;872256 wrote:
Threatening to shoot ?? ,,,,,,, ma halkaasaad gaadhay ?
:D

Ninkaan Somaliland Kuma Dhalin Maad Ii Xog Warrantid Ninyahow, Halkuu Ku Dhashay :D

Anyway Abtigiis iyo Tolka, I Suggest You Visit Voi, Kajiado And Mtwapa On Your Visit In Kenya, Those Three Places Are The Most Interesting Places In Kenya, "For Me Indeed"

JB, waar, waad iska garanaysa meshan uff fooqal uff-ka.

AT may attempt to shine a radiant light on hargeisa/somaliland but i'll be sure to counteract that with absolute negativity. i'm currently being monitored and i may not be in a position to access to the net in the next couple of hours. my aqil is on his way to rescue me but either way i think i'll have to pay the blood money because making a threat is the same as killing, basically. the habros making these allegations are from burco.