Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The New Prime Minister of Somalia -Abdiweli M Ali

Timur   

^ You've got it wrong my friend, but you're on the right track kind of.

Al-Islaax in Yemen and Al-Islaax in Somalia were independently formed at different times, with nothing to do with each other. The only things they have in common is that they have the same name and that they are both chapters of the worldwide Muslim Brotherhood organization, just like Hamas in Palestine or the Renaissance Party (Ennahda) in Tunisia. Even the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood sometimes calls itself Ennahda like their Tunisian counterparts. The names can be similar since they all share the same slogans (Ennahda means Renaissance, Islah means Reform).

Al-Islaax in Somalia is not a political group, although originally they wanted to join politics. After the war, Al-Islaax became a philanthropy organization. Almost every single university in Somalia was built by Al-Islaax, even schools across Somaliland. Al-Islaax built Mogadishu University in Xamar, Simad University, Mogadishu University in Bosaso, East Africa University, Puntland State University, the colleges in Gaalkacyo, and probably any other school you can think of that was built in post-war Somalia. Al-Islaam almost single-handedly kept all of Somalia's educational institutions running.

Wadaads and religiously-inclined figureheads have gotten a bad reputation in the country because of a few violent extremist morons, but the original ikhwan in Somalia were people like Al-Ictisaam and Al-Islaax (Ictisaam is the local term for the Puntland-based supporters of Islaax but they operate as one unit).

If someone in Somalia is related to any of those two organizations, Ictisaam and especially Islaax, they are usually a person of good standing.

I hope that answers some questions.

Abtigiis   

Abdiweli is not the President. That would have aliented the farming community. It is fine if he is the PM. He is all that I said he is, but the check and balance in Jawaari and Hassan means he will not be as distrubtive as he would have been if elected president.

Also, for me national reconcilliation is the key and if the PL's are going to sulk, it wouldn't be a good start for the country. That is what I considered.

Obviously I would rate Samatar over Abdiweli but it is is unseemly since the new president will most likely pick a D-block PM. The only D-block group that can forsake Somalia's progress because their constituency didn't get a big post is the PL contingent. Therefore, ha la iska siiyo si mucaaradnimo iyo cagjiid ayna meesha ula iman.

Again, kala saara cadhada aan Abdiweli kula dhacnay markay Duke iyo tuugta PL ee SOL sanka naga marmariyeen sidii u yahay the only solution to Somalia. He is shallow academically but still stronger than the new president in that field. We were comparing him to Samatar and the likes but he is an intellectual on his own right.

You said it, I am an emotional person and while you may see the negative in being such, but it also shows my other side which is that I am not headstrong who clutchs on things just because I once said it. So, I am emotional, but flexible and reasonable too. I was really happy with the grace and dignity of Abdiweli while the vote-casting was ongoing. The man was dignified through this adverstity and I saw a man who has pride, a rare commodity in the current breed of Somali politicians. Also, I think Abdiweli's cabinet is not bad really but can be improved even more now because the godfather of warlords and zealots Sharif is out!

Abdiweli M Ali for PM, or if not him another Puntlander.

Afterall, if Farmajo's conmmunity doesn't get it, the worst that can happen is Abwaan will leave SOL or issue threats against us online. But if PL gets upset, then they can become a real pain for the president.

^

I agree with you but with only one caveat, and that is; should Mr. Gaas be selected by the President to form a new government, it should be because of his abilities and not because Puntland will sulk. Cabdiwali Gaas should judged by his own merit! If finds a more qualified individual, then by all mean he should that individual..

Abtigiis   

Tillamock, Abdiweli is more qualified than Hassan Sheikh so that isn't an issue. Also, really, we are not ranking academicians, to elect a PM. Ofcourse, the 4.5 system means merit is out of the window. PL is one of the clan consittuencies that will get the PM, and if you ask me, I have no problem if they nominate Abdiweli or someone else. My point is the PM must be from PL, and if that is the case, why not keep Abdiweli?!

I am honestly concerned about reconcilliation in Somalia more than anything. If the istunka farmers are happy, and the PL noise-makers are happy, we are potentially left with only one more problem to deal with: Maaddeey's anarhcists, as potential spoilers. They should be given a big post but the Foriegn Minister should be Prof Samatar!

My own community can take the Director of Milk Factory or the refugree affairs if they want. I don't care.

The next project for me in SOL is to finish off Faroole and the remanants of the old warlord and fawdo order like Qaybdiid. Only that can bring Somalia back. And then we will deal with the urinating Feysal Cali Waraabe and ilk! Somaliyeey toossoo!

^

But, what I'm saying is, if there's someone more qualified from Puntland out there, then that person should be selected. Gaas should only be selected if there's no one better to become PM in the eyes of the President.