Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Regardless of who wins, the Second Somali Republic shall rise insha Allah....

An, election for President being held in Mogadishu a parliament devoid of warlords taking stock of, various capable candidates, presenting their ideas, their capabilities and the promise of a better tomorrow. It’s a brave new world; it’s dizzying and amazing moment.

I pray to Allah that my child should witness with her own eyes a Somali nation better than the one I saw as a child...

Apophis, the period between 1991-2011 is the war years, the time of woe & turmoil where there was no central authority. Now with the end of the transition the second republic is born...

Tallaabo   

@Duke

May Almighty Allah help your leaders bring peace and good governance to your country Somalia but please stop using the misleading map of the erswhile republic and discuss only about the issues which concern your country. Your neighbour's affairs is non of your business.

STOIC   

@ Tallabo, Your Somaliland "people" are already "participating" in the election.So you must also accept the results on monday! You will have a new president from Villa Somalia.At this point we are all full of hope and devoid of reasoning, so bear with us till the horrid hallucinatory celebration dies down.

I'm really impressed to see all these guys willing to work and support (at least here in SOL) with whoever is going to win on this great coming monday! They all have come long way, from a staunch clan cheer-leading, to neutral center stage.The election of monday probably marks the end of an era.If the new Somalia is to be successful the new custodian of the government will indeed need the support of all people. We all shall pray that a reeducated public with a healthier civic life will emerge this time around.

Miyir   

I don't share your optimistic views yet. Somalia is at cross-road now as we speak, tomorrow we will find out which road Somalia will take, till then lets hope the best!

Miyir;866089 wrote:
I don't share your optimistic views yet. Somalia is at cross-road now as we speak, tomorrow we will find out which road Somalia will take, till then lets hope the best!

You're focused on the men, when you should be more focused on the system

What's more important than men, is the System which these men operate in. I can't stand Sheikh Shariif, but if he wins this election Somalia can (and will) move forward anyway. As long as a credible system is set up, we can have freer and fairer elections in 4 years time. Meanwhile, we can do what we can to build our country, feed the people, and defeat Godane's Criminal Gang.

South Korea was once led by despots and power-hungry generals. However a credible system still existed, so that the powers of these men were checked. And as the standard of living rose in South Korea, the people began to demand higher-quality leaders.