Sign in to follow this  
Abas2000

What is Somalian's view of Shiasm

Abas2000   

Salaam Aleykum brothers and sisters in Islam.

INshallah you are all in the best of Imaan and health.

All praises belong to the Lord of the Universe, Allah, the only god who has no assiociate in His Kingdom. Allah does not have a son, nor a daughter. Allah in His Infinite mercy created the all creations in existance. Allah does not need us, but we need Him. And He did not create us but to worship Him (51:56). And Allah with his Infinite Mercy, created for us Role Models whom we can imitate and follow uncondionally. Becuase it is only logic that since Allah created us to worship Him, He also has to create those Agents who would play the role of Representatives of Allah in the world.

Well, to worship Allah is not a small issue. IN fact, it is the pillar of our Religion. With that having said, it is only logic that those Agents (who are chosen by Allah, himself) who will teach us HOW to worship Allah correctly be clear pure from all impuritites and be completely Taahir. (See 33:33).

Having said that, let me confess my Islam to you. My Islam is based on the following issues (note this is not for any of you to disagree or agree):

- The Oneness of Allah, i.e. He has no Partner. It is not within His domain to have a partner. Allah says (in Ayah Kursi):

"Allah is He besides Whom there is no god, the Everliving, the Self-subsisting by Whom all subsist; slumber does not overtake Him nor sleep; whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His; who is he that can intercede with Him but by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they cannot comprehend anything out of His knowledge except what He pleases, His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth, and the preservation of them both tires Him not, and He is the Most High, the Great."

-Muhammad is the last of the Messengers of Allah. And He is Perfect Example for all humans to follow. He is the Model for human perfection.

-Ali is the best of all creations of Allah after Rasuallah Muhammad (saww). He is the first Imam of the Muslims. And I follow the other 11 Imams (peace be upn them all) from His Children.

-And that Fatima, daugther of the Prophet of Islam, is the Chosen woman and the Mistress of all Women from the first till the last. She is symbol of Justice, truthfulnes, and freedom. She is far from all sorts of impurities.

-I believe in Qiyama, the Angels, Heaven and Hell, the books before Quraan, i.e. Tawraat, INjiil, and Zabuur.

-And I finally I believe in the Holy Quran. The Quran is a complete and perfect book. Theere is not a single verse mission from it. Nor is there verses added to it (as some ignorant ppl beleive).

Now, o brothers and sisters in Islam, I ask you what is your believe (of the above mentionied faith)? Do you believe them to be Kafirs like the other Muslims? Do you consider them to be at least Muslims? Basically, I just want to know from your view, where do the Shias (those who follow Muhammad the Family of Muhammad) stand?

Thank you.

INshallah I hope to get mature replies, replies that has no cussing, not not sorl of foul language, not improper and unIslamic words.

Allah guides all to the right path, the path of those whom you have blessed.

wasalaaam

Fi Amanillah

OG_Girl   

Ooooh not again redface.gif .

Why you want other people's opinion in what you believe? It seems to me, you don't really believe in what you say you do! In addition, why do want to sell it to us? I assure you this, you want get other's approval here :rolleyes: .

Serious note thought, this is a serious issue is about Islam and hence is not a game! So my advice to you is to study more and search the truth for yourself rather than looking for approval here.

As the Arabic saying goes, "is hell or heaven", and so no need for someone’s approval But Allah. Since, is you who will be judged in judgment day and no excuses are accepted that day. So take my advice and study more. Furthermore, study from different sources such that you don’t limit yourself with one point of view. Because these days there are many people selling and buying Islam for political/personal gains.

Salam

What is a "Somali's" view of Shiism ask you? Surely you are not serious about formulating a question so misinformed and asanine. The view of "Somalis" of Shiism has no relevance at all in the same way that the view of a Chinese person towards shiism has no relevance. By God, what possible relevance can this question have? Are you doing a research in which the view of a particular people of an islamic sect is a part thereof? Should this be a formal research, then you ought to, perhaps, construct a formal survey, because you will not obtain a "representitive sample" from this site. Also, I doubt that this is a research, but if it is a research, then I must say that it is not in accordance with academically accepted manuals.

Somalis are predominantly Sunnis and as such do not give credence to many shia doctrines. Do you know the stance of the Ahlu Sunna towards shiism; the stance of the sunni somali is no different. I thought that this much was even obvious to even those who have a modest understanding of sectarian islam; however, you have proven to be an exception.

I cannot really emphasize this enough: the opinions of laymen have no bearing on the legitimacy of islamic doctrines. If you want to know the verdict of those who have an islamic erudition (scholars from all sides), then you can consult the appropriate literature and sources.

Perhaps you were anticipating an ill-concieved conjecture of the following nature: "Umm, I think the shia are kafirs, because they worship their imams" or "Shias are good. Sunnis very bad. They pray like the Zorastrains. I am shia." In both replies, the affirmative and the negative, the respondees, clearly, have not the intellectual or islamic knowledge to opine either way, and to ask of them for an "opinion" speaks volumes of the enquirer's rationale and Reason.

P.S. You say you are a Shia, good for you. I was not particularly interested in knowing this. I suppose I will take this into account whenever I converse with you. :rolleyes:

Abdi2005   

quote "Ali is the best of all creations of Allah after Rasuallah Muhammad (saww). He is the first Imam of the Muslims. And I follow the other 11 Imams (peace be upn them all) from His Children." quote

This is one of the major issues that separates shia from as. You believe that Ali(ra) and the other 10 imams + your last imaginary Imam who you say is still alive are greater then Prophets. Thats is big kufr in the eyes of ahlul-sunnah. We ahlul-sunnah believe that their is no one from the prophet Muhameds(saw) ummah who is better then any Prophet of Allah. We believe that Abu bakr(ra) was the best after the Prophet from this ummah and Umar(ra) was the second then Uthman(ra) then Ali(ra). Ahlul sunnah agree on that the four Al-Khulafa-ur Rashidun (The Rightly-Guided Caliphs) where the best from this ummah and non of them where superior then prophets.

quoteAnd that Fatima, daugther of the Prophet of Islam, is the Chosen woman and the Mistress of all Women from the first till the last. She is symbol of Justice, truthfulnes, and freedom. She is far from all sorts of impurities. "quote

"The best of the women of the world are four: Maryam Bint Imran, Asia Bint Muzahim, Khadija Bint Khowailid, and Fatima Bint Muhammad." But Maryam Bint Imran is with out doubt the best women of all.

"Remember when the Angels said, " Oh Mary! Allah has chosen you and purified you and chosen you above the women of all Nations(Aalameen).