Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Dr. Abdiweli Mohamed Ali - Vision, Mission 4 year plan..Choice for 2012

dr-abdiweli-mohamed-ali-2.png

The Shared Vision:

"United People, Resilient Nation, Beautiful Country"

The divisive experience of brutal civil war must be overcome by rebuilding a united people.

In contemporary and competitive world, Somalia must build a resilient nation with a strong economy.

The purpose of development is the improvement in the welfare of the people, a beautiful country, a high quality of life, with a healthy environment, and adequate basic social and economic infrastructure.

I hold true that no nation rebuilding is possible without a vision and no vision is achievable without unity and collective responsibility.

Ever since the adoption of the National Roadmap to a permanent and stable government in September, 2011, all predictions have overwhelmingly shown that there is the desire among the entire Somali people to work hard, strive for excellence and rebuild a beautiful Somalia.

My vision, like all other visioning exercises, is first and foremost a collective effort to design a better future. It is premised on the basic principle that reconciliation, rehabilitation and development starts and ends with my people. It is a paradigm to showcase that my people are willing and ready to work together to rebuild our nation. The hard-work invested in the Roadmap process has empowered the Somali people to believe with every fiber of conviction that NOW IS THE TIME TO TURN THE CORNER!And that a better future can be created with the commitment by all.

In essence, we are craving for a national renaissance. We want to blend the best of our Islamic and African traditions with the best of the developed nations and other traditions to establish a unique and vibrant Somali society that is robust and would provide a basis for national transformation.

If you entrust me to be your President, I will work hard to foster national unity, where Somalis are united, live in peace and harmony. I will waste not a single minute to work on a new Somalia with firm foundations in democratic principles, rule of law and justice for all. My ultimate goal is to see dynamic, open, free, enlightened and truly integrated Somalia, at peace with itself and its neighbors — a nation that encourages and nurtures its talents, a nation that is an active participant in the Global Affairs.

As an economist, I envision community-based, demand-driven and sustainable development activities, leading to the alleviation of poverty and reduction in the threat of renewed conflict. I will be a listening President, responsible, responsive, effective, and accountable to my countrymen and women.

With my strong academic background and real experiences with the mosaic of problems in Somalia, I will work to consult my people to execute the most effective and sustainable solutions to and a way out of the conflict and poverty quagmire, and a crucial means of getting our youth to become a productive segment of the society. I will ensure that the nation rebuilding process is people-centered, strategic and long-term in orientation.

My plan is the people’s plan. I will strive to ensure national ownership of the rebuilding process to strengthen the nascent democratic culture, and to support a more participatory reconciliation process. Specifically, my plan is a strategic analysis of Somalia’s past and its present circumstances. I wish to continue with the alternative tendency I have set out over the past year—an increasing sense of security, effective response to domestic crises, credible reconciliation efforts, strong and increasing ties with regional administrations and our international partners. In due course and hopefully within the next four years, it is my humble wish to create a stable and well-to-do future for all Somalis.

As the next president, I promise to nominate a competent, capable and a highly ethical Prime Minister who I will encourage to form a lean, inclusive and technocratic cabinet that will quickly execute our national agenda, of which, rehabilitation of schools, health facilities, housing and roads as well as equal and adequate access to clean water supply should be central.

As a president and symbol of our national, I will guide Somalia towards a new direction, a fresh start away from labels such as: “the world’s worst failed state” – back to the proud independent nation we’ve always been, a nation of autonomous, vital, self-reliant men and women, the nation of poets, respected in this part of the world for nearly a millennia. Somalia is more than hungry faces in the news, pirates or extremists; it is a diverse, rich land with historical pedigree.

Mission Statement

“No Nation rebuilding is possible without a vision and no vision is achievable without unity and collective responsibility’’ Dr.Abdiweli M Ali For 2012

I intend to continue the journey that will lead the traditionally hard-working Somali people from a society of dependency to a society of self-reliance with reliable leadership. The end of long civil strife, which started in 1991, provides impetus for a new beginning, where all Somalis inspired by possibilities of a better future have a role to play in rebuilding the nation.

My mission is based on a genuine desire to create a better future for all Somalis -a future that is characterized by the virtuous circle of peace, stability and wealth of opportunities, in place of the vicious circle of insecurity, poverty and underdevelopment.

As a central focus, I am committed to the promotion of good governance and accountability in Somalia. Besides, it is now widely accepted that political reform – especially moves toward greater democracy – must combine with sustainable development and efficient management of national resources in a manner that is transparent, participatory and responsive to the needs of the people.

The sole aim of my candidacy is to provide the nation with a purpose, guidance, and sound leadership.

Dr.Abdiweli Mohamed Ali For President

My Pledge

I will strive to work and serve all Somalis, by building and providing a safe and stable environment for individuals and families to prosper.

I will make a priority to restore a reliable delivery of basic public services such as electricity, water and sanitation, that has been absent for more than two decades. I will tirelessly work to restore the dignity of the Somali people from young to old and will provide all the stakeholders with a unique collective opportunity to think about correcting past mistakes and building a better future.

We all need now to take a collective pledge to forge a new way forward based on grassroots democracy, empowerment and social justice where all Somalis enjoy equal representation of their complete rights in a new Federal Somalia where political and economic power is devolved and exercised directly by the people themselves as embodied in the new Constitution of 2012.

Somalia's Moment For Stability & Progress

Dr.Abdiweli For President

Reponse to the OpEd page of Daily Monitor, a Ugandan daily----16 Aug. 2012

To give a helping hand to an African sister country stuck in an undesirable situation is a tradition set by one of the greatest leaders produced by Africa. The late Tanzanian leader honourable Julius Nyerere spearheaded thousands of Tanzanian military personnel, and without the aid of superpowers, to liberate the Ugandan people from the claws of Dictator Idi Amin in a war that lasted from 1978 to 1979.

What the Ugandan people headed by His Excellence President Yoweri Museveni are doing in Somalia

is an African duty that should have been done long time ago.

Somali nationalists like me should congratulate the Ugandan people and the people of other African countries that are contributing military forces to drive Alshabab/Alqa’ida from Somalia for a job well done. There is no point of return at this time since we are at the end of this horrible episode. Mogadishu and substantially large portion of southern Somalia are liberated. Presidential election is taking place on this coming Monday. The only thing left, IMO, is that the liberators to make sure that country is in good, educated and clean hands. PM Abdiweli is an excellent choice.