Sign in to follow this  
ToughGong.

Anonymous hacks Dahabshiil

oba hiloowlow;852212 wrote:
Amaano and Bakaal are pretty good

How are the two you mentioned any better than the 101 Somali Hawalas who all use exactly the same software? (and there is no exception here, all them use the same software from the same vendor ). All of the Somali Hawala companies do NOT understand the concept of Internet security. For them the username/password (most often the default one that was set for them on day one) is all that is required to keep the network/computers safe.

Dahabshiil may have gone that extra mile by investing in an SSL certification (They are the ONLY Somali Hawala company that uses secure channels over insecure networks) and RSA encryption for their supposed two-factor authentication systems (which, by the way they have also included a bypass in case one looses their token instead of freezing the login ) but, the lack of security in every other aspects of their network renders both of them useless.

The Somali companies have managed to evade the radar of most "hackers" simply because they are too localised for the big boys, but God help them the day they get into the international market.

Showqi   

Somalia;852572 wrote:
It's a former employee, he even showed it on one of the screenshots, an e-mail with his name, and also the account that it was posted on belonged to him, it's so obvious.

Somalia you're absolutely right, that is what I was afraid of, I mentioned that in my first post, and I told the same thing to our friend ToughGong, that it might be an angry employee who did this. Lets wait and see when Dahabshiil compleets his investigation.......:D

NGONGE   

These are the perils of business. Sometimes its natural disasters, sometimes it’s wars. Swings and roundabouts, innit?