Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Somaliland: The Lurking Challenge to the Myth of Nationhood

I used to have 6 pack + everyday when I was young..thought couldn't go without it..it was obsession.I quit when grew up,get married & have children...what I mean here is , found later I was trying to fill a vacuum,trying to compensate something missing inside me.Mr. abtigiis have lost the battle in ethiopia,onlf alienated otha somalis in Galbeed to the extent that no one want to identify with them...those otha somalis went along with their lives & built their cities.Now abtigiis is running around to grasp that lost ego,trying to find what went wrong but in the wrong places.Sometimes it's the women of somaliland,otha times it's long gone snm,sometimes Azania & how all his lot will atlast rest in the place of their own at the expence of legitimate natives and more often nostalgia about his great days of uncle Siyaad.He dreams too much about the destruction of certain clans & entities... but only if dreams could turn true in such large scale!!!??

Carafaat   

Burahadheer, its the content that matters not the clan. Care to react on Abtigiis' thread rather then guessing on his intentions?

^^ what content ? how is it different than talking about his crumbling house! I'm not guessing his intentions,you & me know his clannish outbursts,just responding to him living in glass house.....you make sure your dignity intact(abtigiis) when you accusing someone of the same crimes you hold so dear....why not be in bed with otha somalis in Galbeed if you resisting ethiopian oppression?Why trying to take ova the jubas(kismayo) and start anotha cycle of violence when you know damn well that natives will take up arms againest you?How you envision fighting & winning againest ethiopian gov't(80million) with strongest army in africa when you just small fraction of somalis in the region?then how he can accuse somaliland of treachery when the one himself under foreign domination dividing somali galbeed in the hope his clan governs & fight single handedly in a conflict that he neva hope to win, destroying completely the constituency supposedly he fighting for!

Give me a break....

Abtigiis   

All these outbursts and projections because I suggested Somaliland will be challenged if it doesn't find inclusive intangible narratives of nationhood?

Burahaadeer, your concern about the ONLF and Azania is valid but it is in the wrong thread. And I do not have to repeat myself and restate my positions on these issues everytime a fretful scessionist feels the heat and tries to paint everyone else with the same myopic clan brush.

How Ayoub, a man who takes his name from a clan, a man who champions a clan secession agenda, accuses a bonafide unionist as clanist is beyond me. It is richly sardonic.

But then I know why I cannot fight back hard for now. It is a phone call from Ayoub to JB to eliminate me and my little cyber threat and it is a risk I cannot take! :D :D

All these outbursts and projections because I suggested Somaliland will be challenged if it doesn't find inclusive intangible narratives of nationhood?

Burahaadeer' date=' your concern about the ONLF and Azania is valid but it is in the wrong thread. And I do not have to repeat myself and restate my positions on these issues everytime a fretful scessionist feels the heat and tries to paint everyone else with the same myopic clan brush. ']

[to paint everyone else with the same myopic clan brush. ] hahaa that's rich coming from you:D

and as JB already highlighted SL crossed the thresh-old, the hardest ,most difficlut ,almost insurmountable time of it's history with flying colors.Those who wana challenge now r just peanuts.

Abtigiis;849263 wrote:
Jacaylbaro, now that is what I can take as a fitting response to this post. What you are saying is that we, somalilanders, will surmount the challenging intangibles, having succeeded in taming bigger threats. May you succeed again, but no one should pretend there are no challenges.

Yes, I say WE because Somaliland is by the people and for the people. The struggle was a shared one and no one will have the credit for it.

Whoever says there are no challenges is dumb ........

Abtigiis   

Everytime I read Burahaader's blind idealism, I am struck by its sheer semblance to the chantings of a fascist! "peanuts", he says! A litle bit of doubt in what you believe in helps!

Abtigiis;849439 wrote:
Everytime I read Burahaader's blind idealism, I am struck by its sheer semblance to the chantings of a fascist! "peanuts", he says! A litle bit of doubt in what you believe in helps!

and "wet backs" for those who cross border

Carafaat   

Guys, Abtigiis has a point here. Somaliland is already challenged, just look how it's aspirations of nationhood

Are not shared by all its citizenships(Khatumo). But this doesn't mean it can't change.

Burahadheer is a good fella, he beliefs in a bigger picture, his heart is at the right place. But he has some nightmares of Siyadist and marching MOD's. This arouses his fascist side. :D

^^ fact is all those againest are not even 1%......why both you & others don't go their with probably JB and international observers & see for yourself the people you counting.Fine If they want their few villages but why claim a vast swath of land for pure propaganda reasons...what you expect from otha side then?.You think it's not known they working a coalition to destroy somaliland.Let me tell you this....prisoners caught in buuhoodle were from ONLF & others i don't need to mention here now.It's bigger agenda than you think and if real war comes it will be winner take all.So everybody sit tight & wait your luck.

AYOUB   

Abtigiis;849422 wrote:

How Ayoub, a man who takes his name from a clan, a man who champions a clan secession agenda, accuses a bonafide unionist as clanist is beyond me. It is richly sardonic.

But then I know why I cannot fight back hard for now. It is a phone call from Ayoub to JB to eliminate me and my little cyber threat and it is a risk I cannot take!
:D

Your paranoid clannish assumptions have no limit. I said I liked you many times yet you still think I want you eliminated? :) It'd be nice if you got roughed up a bit, but laughing JB is not the man for what I have in mind for this task. ;)

PS If I was to take a clan name I would've gone for the one named after Sh Isxaaq. :)

Abtigiis   

Surely your real name is not Ayoub, nor did you take any traits from the Prophet Ayoub. He is said to be the incarnation of patience, you are as patient as a Sanaag-ian qat addict at noon! :D :D That leaves us with the Kaarta-Ayoub option only!

By the way, I am a trusting person. I always think people are inherently good and won't harm you, unless you give them a reason to do that. I am sure I am wrong. But it is a mental setup that makes one enjoy the warmth of friendship. Even that has a limit though. In your case I have given you the reason to want to destroy me. There is nothing more dangerous than an ideological zealot, and one who thinks I have something to do with his past suffering. This, despite the fact that this tiny soul gave water to thirsty wonded SNM when they were fighting Siyad. I feel that guilt-free feeling gives me a moral legitimacy to speak against Ayoub's sacred cow!

JB doesn't look like a man who can kill an ant, but if my elimination is going to be part of the necessary evil that must be done to surmount SL's challenges, he may not blink twice! :D :D

My only protection here is that neither you nor the infirm Ba-dhul.ba.hante cousins of Oodweyne (the SOLer) can mess with a man whose mother is from mighty Gaashaanka and Rabasso! It is sucidal!

NGONGE   

The idea is good and is actually a fair criticisim of SL. The details? Well, I think had A&T posted this stuff on Wiki he would have the tiny words "citation needed" next to his declaration that "most of Awdal wave the blue flag" (or whatever it is he wrote).

But that's neither here nor there. It is his conclusion that is most interesting. In simple words, what he is saying is that if SL does not change its history books, SL will not get what it wants! Heh. :D :D

War get off that unicycle and talk sense dee.

AYOUB   

A&T even secular folks consider Yusuf "Salaaxdiin" Ayoub a hero, don't they? What about Abu Ayoub Al Ansaari? I don't think you've been to the hospitable village in Togdheer with that name nor know the little (in 2003) boy in SE18 whose mom made lovely xalwa for me. :)

NGONGE;849485 wrote:
The idea is good and is actually a fair criticisim of SL. The details? Well, I think had A&T posted this stuff on Wiki he would have the tiny words "citation needed" next to his declaration that "most of Awdal wave the blue flag" (or whatever it is he wrote).

But that's neither here nor there. It is his conclusion that is most interesting. In simple words, what he is saying is that if SL does not change its history books, SL will not get what it wants! Heh.

War get off that unicycle and talk sense dee.

Even when I told him Pres. Rayale already made changes to the curricula, he called me a liar instead of asking for citation. :) That's why I didn't want to challenge his Kacaan history of Darwishes.

Carafaat;849446 wrote:
Guys, Abtigiis has a point here. Somaliland is already challenged, just look how it's aspirations of nationhood

Are not shared by all its citizenships(Khatumo). But this doesn't mean it can't change.

Yes but A&T says the challenges SL faces are insurmountable and it should rejoin Somalia. It's beyond laughable even for JB.