Sign in to follow this  
PasserBy

Jigjiga

PasserBy   

I visited Ethiopia for three weeks between the middle of February and early March. I had a chance to see Jigjiga briefly. I was impressed. There is construction going on everywhere. I am eager to see what the city will look like five years from now.

Bullshit compare it to all the other regions of Ethiopia Jigjiga looks nothing like other Kilils capitals of Ethiopia.

Passerby Woyane boy stop spewing you're nonsense.

PasserBy   

Bullshit compare it to all the other regions of Ethiopia Jigjiga looks nothing like other Kilils capitals of Ethiopia

Actually, development in many parts of the country is a recent phenomena. I was in Addis Ababa in 2003. I was shocked the pace of change I saw in the city in less than a decade. It started with Arkebe Equbai in Addis. Jijgiga's transformation started later than Addis Ababa's. But it has began thanks to the steady leadership of the President of Somali Region, H. E. Abdi Mohamud Omar. Better late than never.

PasserBy   

Dont tell me about Jigjiga i have been there in 1998 it doesn't look any different today.

That is BS. You just don't want to give credit to President Abdi Mohamud Omar. I know why. :D

Habesha Boy Ethiopia is runned by one man and his regime is called the TPLF the rest is just fantasy and disco videos you posted, fact is the Somali region is underdeveloped compared to the rest of Ethiopia.

Somalia   

Since 2010 there's been a lot of construction in the city, it looks better. Let it flourish for the next 5 years, I saw the photos these past weeks, it looks great.

The other cities have had time to grow.

PasserBy;845765 wrote:
That is BS. You just don't want to give credit to President Abdi Mohamud Omar.
I know why.
:D

PasserBy: While I agree with you to some extent about the "construction boom" in Jigjiga I have to also say Xaaji xunjuf posed a valid question by comparing Jigjiga to other capitals within the Ethiopian Killil system, so instead of resorting to argumentum ad hominem why don't you address the points he raised.

PasserBy   

PasserBy: While I agree with you to some extent about the "construction boom" in Jigjiga I have to also say Xaaji xunjuf posed a valid question by comparing Jigjiga to other capitals within the Ethiopian Killil system, so instead of resorting to argumentum ad hominem why don't you address the points he raised.

Development requires peace as a prerequisite. And peace was illusive in Region 5 until President Abdi Mohamud Omar came to the scene. He took the sting out of ONLF and other criminal elements. On top of that, he battled corruption that was at a chronic level in the regional administration. Once the federal government was convinced things are on the mend, it started pouring money in. Roads, educational institutions and health facilities were built. The airport was upgraded. Water, electricity, telephone, and other amenities were either built or upgraded.

In the end, though, the government, both federal and regional, can only do so much. Private investors have to do a fair share of the development activities. In Adama, Bahir Dar, Addis Ababa, and Hawassa, there are numerous private investors engaged in different fields. Many of the buildings you see in these cities are privately owned. To his credit, President Abdi Mohamud Omar has been traveling to different parts of the world, to meet and inform the Diaspora community from Region 5. He has met some success. Ethio Somalis have come back and started investing. Over all the signs are encouraging.