Sign in to follow this  
Somali philosopher

Somali race Settled

Marksman   

Hmmm I guess (most) Somalis are neither negroids nor Arabs. Let's just call ourselves Somalid, which is a haplogroup E1b1b1. We do have the most of this in the world and are closely linked to Berbers. We barely have so called 'Arab' blood in us. Germans even have more Arab blood than we do, yet they don't consider themselves partly or wholly Arab.

Yes we are Africans. No we're not negroids. Using the word African as a connotation to describe a negroid (Hottentot, Australoid, African Negroid etc.) is unjust.

We have to remember that Africa is the most diverse continent in this world when it comes to genetics.

Garnaqsi   

Xaaji Xunjuf;838890 wrote:
Why are all east Africans obsessed with race.

You mean Somalians, right? Other East Africans are happy with being black, as far as I know.

the whole world is obsessed specially with somali genetics.It's the most studied ethnic group in genetic circles today.Autosomal ,the most reknowned is currently working on somali hair to settle that we r the early egyptians once & for all.Go to utube & google,you will see there's hot debate on who r somalis everywhere from nazi sites to african blogs.Why ? cos they african who don't look otha africans even ethiopians to large extent.It's accepted we the mother of E1b1b1..those who carry r men like Hitler,Napolean,Einstein,Right brothers (who invented aeroplanes) and obama.The somalid race is scientific today(from 1/2 of europe thru N.Africa into asia & the horn).It's unique race that people coming into grips with now.

nothing racist about...valid question why we r different from otha africans .

Marksman   

Because our women are fine. Lol. No idea why really. We just look interesting as many people have a rigid view of how Africans should look like. Therefore Somalis would want to know and explain 'who they are'?

Garnaqsi;838893 wrote:
You mean Somalians, right? Other East Africans are happy with being black, as far as I know.

No i had an Eritrean colleague a few years come back when having lunch he used to approach me and say we belong to the same race.