Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Rubbing shoulders with sheer intellect

Abtigiis   

Yes, it was tiresome afternoon and evening and missed my kids as saturdays are for them, but no regrets. I invited the two Samatar professors and carafaat's friend Asad to lunch, which later extended also to dinner and had a great time. Many hot issues of HiilQaran concern were dissected. I will update you on what i learned from the two prominent somali intellectuals, the jokes and the song in my car which prof Abdi insisted we play it twice or thrice! Indeed, a prophet is never respected in his own country, they say, but i rubbed shoulders with real intellect and that is not something you get everyday.

Later on the day i spoke to Hillqaran pointman in Holland - carafaat, and the young man was exciting too. I call upon Miskiin Macruuf Aqyaar and other genuine somali nationalists to join us in this effort of trying to mount a front attack on tribalism, parochial federalism and myopic defeatism!

I invited the two Samatar professors and carafaat's friend Asad to lunch, which later extended also to dinner and had a great time.

LOL

Liban   

Hiil-Qaran, Tayo Party are not in touch with the real political situation in Somalia. They are just bunch of so called intellectuals with non what so ever experience in current Somali politics, looking for Kursii. First move from the comforts living in the west. Live in Mogadishu few years and start from there, if u guys seriously care about Somalia, and not just some Kursii in the gov't.

Coofle   

Liban;837624 wrote:
Hiil-Qaran, Tayo Party are not in touch with the real political situation in Somalia. They are just bunch of so called intellectuals with non what so ever experience in current Somali politics, looking for Kursii. First move from the comforts living in the west. Live in Mogadishu few years and start from there, if u guys seriously care about Somalia, and not just some Kursii in the gov't.

Personally I don't see anyone better for the kursi.. Intellectual, patriotic and with a clean slate , a rare combination ...Those who remain in the country are the likes of sharif sakin who by his own words said "anigu been sheegi maayo, laakiin waxbarashadaydu dugsi quraan ma dhaafsanaa"...I don't want to look offensive but the likes of you bring sharif sakin and his peers to power..

Carafaat   

Suddenly there was a phone call, I saw a +254 code and assumed it would be one of my former female Somali Sijui UN collegues from Nairobi. They call me mostly during office hours from the work telephone. But why would the Sijui’s call on a Saturday and from their own cost? But it was a man's voice on the other side, speaking with a soft and gentle tone. I didnt recongnize the voice and asked the man to introduce himself('isku kee sheeg'). It was a long lost cousin who is calling from the Dadaab refugee camp and asked me for some support. Immediatly the sad image of Dadaab and the poor somali refugees came to mind, I felt guilty and didnt know what to say. Phone calls from reerka asking for money are handled by my brother, he knows 'who is who' of reerka, what to say and how much to send. But the shocking images of Dadaab came to mind, this cousin triggered my guilt concioucness and throw me off my guards. After a few silent seconds, I asked him again who he is ('isku kee shee, magacaa'), this time he told me his name M.... also knows as Abtigiis. Suddenly the tension was gone and the images of dadaab in my head dissapeared and turned in to another form of tension. I could not belief, I was talking directly with Abtigiis himself. The man is my hero, I admire his online persona, his witty threads, his firm ideologica beliefs, his political consistency and how he mocks ONLF, Khatumo, Puntland and Somaliland politicians. I wondered if he knew that it's because of him I became member of SOL, started trolling years ago and how imitating him got me banned as well.

We talked for a while, about Hiilqaran, gossiped about other SOL members, I asked Abtigiis why other reasonable, unionist and political ideological righthous members (people like Ngonge, Qandalawi, Haatu, Che, Abwaan, Mario B, Coofle, OdaySomali, etc) dont become member of Hiilqaran. Abtigiis answered that most Somali's seem fierce in their talk, but are followers rather then leaders in their walks.I thought to myself. what a waste of talent, pity for Somalia!

We promised to call eachother regularly and I promised to visit in Nairobi inshallah coming summer on my way to Hargeysa-Muqdisho.

Liban   

Coofle,

Dude u are dreaming. Leadership is not learned, it is a trait. So ur intellectuals are not fit to lead a country by reading a book. At least Shariif Sakiin is honest and didn't fake It like many of the folks who are in politics arena. I mean are u trying to convince me that Faroole is a doctor. Come on dude, I am not gonna sit here and lie to u. But truthfully if u open ur heart, think outside the box of tribalism, and get over this intellectual bull sh**. U will end up agreeing with me that Shariif Sakiin is the best in the Somalia political game and most fit to lead Somalia.

The main thing most people are against the idea of him running the country is because he hails from the tribe which in the unwritten rules of Somalia politics can not dare to think beyond the chair of parliament Speaker.

Shariif Sakiin comes from a small tribe and a tribe pretty much respected by many people. He will unite everyone, and is the only man if he comes to power the chance of Al Shabab putting their arms is almost guaranteed. Why? Simple, 80% of Al Shabab military hails from Digil and Mirifle, and the others.

Shariif Sakiin For President 2012

Somalia   

Liban;837624 wrote:

Well said.

Carafaat   

Liban, Hiilqaran HQ is based in Muqdisho and the Secretary General who runs everything hails from Bay/Bakool and based in Xamar. There are members of the leadership in the other parts of Somalia, Bosasso, Hargeysa and southern Somalia, etc.

Hiilqaran is not a one man nor a clan based party, its a movement from Somalis in Somalia and abroad who have ideas how to help rebuild their country and correct some of the mistakes we made in the past in.rebuilding a Somali State.

the 11 founders have sworn they will never hold any political office, but solely want to advice the younger generation to learn from the mistakes older generations made in the past.

if you are more interested; http://hiilqaran.org/

Liban   

Carafaat;837647 wrote:
Liban, Hiilqaran HQ is based in Muqdisho and the Secretary General who runs everything hails from Bay/Bakool and based in Xamar. There are members of the leadership in the other parts of Somalia, Bosasso, Hargeysa and southern Somalia, etc.

Hiilqaran is not a one man nor a clan based party, its a movement from Somalis in Somalia and abroad who have ideas how to help rebuild their country and correct some of the mistakes we made it the past.

the 11 founders have sworn they will never hold any political office, but solely want to advice the younger generation to learn from their mistakes.

Thanks, for the clarification. Funny u mentioning folks from Bay and Bakool are in some type of leadership post in Hiil Qaran. Looool, where did I mention anything about Hiil Qaran is one clan or one man based party. Let me guess, u probably think I hail from Bay/Bakool coz I defend Shariif Sakiin.

U coming out to that conclusion only cements my idea that Anti Shariif Sakiins are mostly folks who are still not able to think outside of the tribalism box. While at the same time advocating others to do so.

Mario B   

Caraafat, I have sent donation for both Tayo and Hiil Qaran. I think both parties can plant the seed for civil participation but their idea is few years too early. For now they should put forward what form of federalism we should have and sell it to the people before Farole does it.

Abtigiis   

"HQ is not in touch with the current political situation in Somalia" Liban.

Indeed. And that is precisely why we support it. The current political situation in somalia is rooted in clan organisation. HQ is pioneering a new way of doing politics.

I concur with Mario, the HQ idea may be just a little bit too early but it is better early than late. Somalis often base their political support to a party on the basis of whether it has the potential to take power in a short period of time. We think we should support parties on the basis of our judgement on whether what they are doing or saying are right or wrong. The HQ idea is right and we support it regardless of its current political might.

Somalia   

faarah22;837699 wrote:
The aim is laudible but i want to see their manifesto first and what they stand for?

They are snobs looking down at Somalia from afar while claiming they care for it. I only see words, no action, well until recently.

And look at the publicity stunt when action is taken. :eek:

HIILQARAN.jpg

Coofle   

@Somalia ....

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people......Guess which one you are?

Laakiin inaad madax tahay anigaa markhaati ah.. :D

Yo...check this out. trait kulaha....so u wanna be another Bashir al-asad!! keep dreaming cc. Anyways, since politic-heads r chick w/o G-spots, ama dedicate this song to your funky azzs as referring 2yall as b-ladies... lol

Posting a vid for a lady, is a new one for pol-thread...but i wanna be the christopher colombus n whamboozle yours naggins with it.

ps: if this xiligarin thing is what abti posted before n wanned to collect donations for it......stay way from it!! I am sure, that u know any body who solicits without anything to show for, is a crook. lemme do lil search n i will confirm this! Enjoy.