Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Nigerian Muslims and Miss World pagent

Hibo   

Assalamu Calaykum Nomads, this is fine place. It's my first post. Anyway, about Miss World and Nigeria, it's always hard to judge things from distance specially when our only source of information is unreliable ignorant media. Islam teaches us not to insult other religions and their gods as that verse in Suratul Ancaam says " Walaa Tasubbu Al-ladiina Yadcuuna Min Duuni Allah..." That is why you don't hear Muslim figures bad-mouthing and insulting other religions even though the correct Diin is Islam. What our reaction should be to the people who lack the civility that are instructed in Islam?We know true Muslims love Allah and His Prophets more that they love themselves. But Culama said if your reactions and deeds for the love of Allah is not a accompanied by Cilmi(Knowledge), it can be harmfull and unappropriate. So the Cilmi(the good one) helps us react appropriatley and reasonably and love of Allah makes you do things for the sake of Allah. Good Cilmi and love of Allah and his Prophets(pbut) is the best combination. We ask Allah to give us both. I wouldn't critisize what Muslims in Nigeria did because I myself do not claim that I have the Cilmi and maybe they did what they thought it's appropriate for that locality. As for Miss turkey's win, some people think it was political rather than beauty.

Assalamu Alaikum