Sign in to follow this  
Dunya vs Akhira

Al-Maa'oun Charity Project- your brothers and sisters need your help

Al-Maa`oun Charity Project

Basically our project’s primary focus will be on certain areas, families, individuals, etc that need immediate help in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Somalia. The reason why we have chosen these three regions is so that our funds reach the families affected, directly without any sort of involvement from another organization, which further raises the trust level as most people would prefer to know if their aid is actually getting to those who need it.

Revive the deen ~ Re-build a village:

Our objectives would include helping the following groups of people:

Widows, orphans and other families with meager resources - Each month, we will “sponsor†5 families. The funds will reach them directly through my uncle that is based there. We’d need atleast $250/month inorder to cover the following costs for those families:

- Costs for basic necessities

- Money for medicine

- Islaamic books and tapes

Building masaajid and madaaris where children will learn the deen and memorize Qur’aan. And provide the masaajid that have already been established, with a library of books so that those who visit can benefit. And establish halaqahs for women and men. There’s already a madrassah built in a village called Panjpeer in the North Western Province, where children are given regular hifdh classes amongst other Islaamic subjects. The madrassah is in debt for 100000 PKR which is equivalent to 1664 USD.

Although this would take some time to set up, we are planning on providing the women with work such as embroidery and other handicrafts which they will be paid for. So instead of donating them money, they will be earning it - which in essence will help them stand on their feet instead of relying on others for donations.

When I visited this village some time ago, I saw for myself how poor some people were. There are actually people who beg from house to house, not for money but for bread! subhaan’Allaah.. We cannot imagine how much they have to put up with simply to be able to eat once a day. These people have no comfortable beds like ours to sleep on, no air-conditioned apartments, no fried chickens or burgers. They survive on minimal food, i.e. if they are given any.

One of the families that we will be helping consists of a mother who lives with her daughter without a mahram in a house and is struggling as there is no one who can support them. Her son (20 yrs of age) was killed recently and her husband passed away soon after they lost their son. Another family is of two widows raising kids on their own which is really hard especially living in a village where women cannot work. These are the least of the affected ones. Some families have lost homes and loved ones due to the earthquake and are now seeking shelter in tents.

The least we can do for them is try and get our aid to them directly and provide them with resources to gain a better understanding of the deen.

“Give to the near of kin his due, and also to the needy and the wayfarers. Do not squander your wealth wastefully; for those who squander wastefully are Satan's brothers, and Satan is ever ungrateful to his Lord.†(17:26-27)

And Allaah also says:

“Allaah does not love the arrogant and the boastful, who are niggardly and bid others to be niggardly and conceal the bounty which Allaah has bestowed upon them. We have kept in readiness a humiliating chastisement for such deniers (of Allaah's bounty).†(4:36-37)

and how beautiful it would be to have the angels make du`aa for us..

"No day dawns upon [Allaah's] servants without two angels descending [to Earth]. One of them says, 'O Allaah, give recompense (khalaf) to those who give [charity]!'; the other says, 'O Allaah give loss (talaf) to those who withhold [charity]!'" [Agreed upon]

How often do we claim our love for Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wasallam… would it not be amazing to be his neighbor in Jannah?

"I and the caretaker of the orphan will enter Paradise together like this, raising (by way of illustration) his forefinger and middle finger jointly, leaving no space in between." [al-Bukhaari]

May Allaah instill in our hearts rahma and love for the weak muslims and may He open the door of Jannah for us through this work, aameen.

Those interested in helping can email al-maa3oun@hotmail.com for further info.

Nur   

D vs A

May Allah bless your work, eNuri shares you the same vision, my question is :

1. What stage are you in this effort?

2. Are you looking for volunteers?

3. Since 2 of the three locations are touchy territories, how are you going to collect money, under what recognozed and licensed charity NGO are you operating?

Nur