Halal or Haram?

Khalaf   

Questions:

1. Can brother braid his hair?.

2. Can brother wear earning?

3. Can Muslims wear wedding rings?

4. Can women wear pants?

5. Can Muslim have gay friend?

6. Can we shake hands with opposite sex?

7. Is my fast accepted if I don’t pray?

8. Is my fast accepted if I don’t wear hijab?

9. Is it okey to chew gum and still pray?

10. Is it permissible to talk to opposite sex u have no intention of marrying?

Arguments for 1-4: Wearing earrings, wedding rings, jeans/braiding hair ect is a custom that developed and is generally prevalent among non-Muslim and imitating non-Muslims is not permissible.

Counterargument: Many men wear earrings, wedding rings as a normal thing in current culture. therefore how can it be imitating women. And we also wear jeans, shirts, suits, baseball caps, ect ect and these are all prevalent amongst non-Muslims and part of their culture. So your point is?

#5. No a muslim shouldn't have gay friend. yikes :eek:

#6. Umm i have difficultly with this one, i have no intentions for example on my boss who is a woman and as old as my moms, just professional hand shakes as is important custom in this culture. Doesn't it do more harm then good, by refusing hand shake with someone who smiled and sticks their hand at u at job interview for example?

#7/8. Up in the air.

#9. Don't chew gum while praying, or have food in ur mouth. Wash with water, spit it out and make ur intentions directly to Allah. I wonder how many muslims prayers are correct..inshallah correct it.

#10. I have heard sheikhs say this, u can't talk to opposite sex, u can only talk and mix if u have intentions of marrying them. but we friends, school mates, work with opposite sex, and keep within bounderies of islam just fine, marka i don't see this arguemtnt. Allah knows best.

Any more halal or harams u heard, floor is urs.

salaamun

The whole reasoning for pants being haraam is that women and men shouldn't imitate eachother. In all honesty, does it not come to down to your intentions? Allah knows best and what's in our hearts so what if your intention is actually to obey and fear Allah and you just wear (loose) pants? Is it still haraam then? Clarification would be appreciated. smile.gif Salaam.

Allahu Aclam

khalaf

#10. I have heard sheikhs say this, u can't talk to opposite sex, u can only talk and mix if u have intentions of marrying them. but we friends, school mates, work with opposite sex, and keep within bounderies of islam just fine, marka i don't see this arguemtnt. Allah knows best.

I dont know man, your making interpretations to suite your self there man. If i were you, i wouldn't take the risk and reply to Al-Mu'minah

Abyan   

a sisterly advice

We shouldnt give our own fatwas,even the hadiths which look straightforward have a great inner meaning and needs a lot of knowledge of the quran and the deen to be interpreted. that is the reason why many of our greatest scholars have dedicated their entire lives and only then have become good muhaddiseen.

A few of us have limited knowledge of the deen and could take what is read on this forum to be correct. so its our duty to share and educate others with the most correct and authentic knowledge of the deen.

Question:

When can a young man make ijtihaad and issue fatwas? Some of the young people, when they become religious, indulge in examining and discussing the evidence (daleel) and speak about the rulings on events and issues that happen, in terms of what is halaal and what is haraam. They give their opinions on the rulings of fiqh on some new matters that have arisen in modern times.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

There are conditions attached to making ijtihaad. Not every individual has the right to issue fatwas and make pronouncements on matters, unless he has knowledge and is qualified. He has to be able to know the daleel; the wording and apparent meaning of the texts; what is saheeh (sound) and what is da’eef (weak); al-naasikh wa’l-mansookh (what abrogates what); wording and interpretation of texts; what is specific in application and what is general; what is stated in brief and what is mentioned in detail. This needs lengthy experience and practice, knowledge of the various branches of fiqh and where to look for information; knowledge of the opinions of the ‘ulamaa’ and fuqahaa’, and memorization or knowledge of the texts. Undoubtedly issuing fatwas without being qualified to do so is a grave sin, and means that one is speaking without knowledge. Allaah has warned us against that, when He said (interpretation of the meaning):

“And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: “This is lawful and this is forbidden,” so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper.” [al-Nahl 16:116].

In a hadeeth:

“Whoever was given a fatwaa with no proof, his sin will go back on the one who gave him the fatwaa.” (Saheeh; narrated by Imaam Ahmad, 2/321).

The seeker of knowledge should not hasten to issue fatwas or to speak on an issue until he has found the source and daleel for what he is saying, and who has spoken about it previously. If he is not qualified to deal with the matter, he should pass it on to someone who is better able to deal with it, and he should limit himself to that which he knows, and continue learning and studying until he is qualified to make ijtihaad. And Allaah is the Guide to the Straight Path.

islamqa

Al-Lu’lu’ al-Makeen min Fataawaa al-Shaykh ibn Jibreen

***********************************************************************************

{Forbidden for you are dead meat, blood,...} [soorah 5, Aayah 4].

If a beginner who is studying the Qur.aan and has no knowledge of hadeeth is asked regarding dead fish, he will immediately bring this aayah as proof to clearly forbid it since it prohibits dead meat. But were he to look into the ahaadeeth, he would know that the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) excepted two types of animals, fish and locusts, from this prohibition, so he could rule accordingly. Briefly, the student must learn these two fundamental branches of learning to help to understand the Qur.aan and the Sunnah as correctly as possible.

Shaykh al-Albaanee

http://www.fatwa-online.com/fataawa/worship/knowledge/9991205_1.htm

Khalaf   

^^^^We discuss issues like this all the time whats wrong with that?, matter fact i posted the topic, after a disagreement with brother the other day,was wearing erning, and we talked about it, i gave arguments above (which was my position), and his counterargument. I didn't make a fatwa here, but interpretations of scholors based on daleel. Mida kale, there is lots of misinfo online, there is no excuse for muslim not to know their deen, but ur right we should do our best when we discuss these sort of topics.

Caano geel, sxb it is not my interpreation but interpretaion of many of the ulema, and this daleel is stronger as long as ppl stay within bounds of islam ie not be alone in room ect.

Muminah sister, ur right loose clothing which doesn't show shape of ur body, my sisters wear pants and long shirts that cover the back ect which is Islamic.

And Allah knows best.

salaamun

Aaliyyah   

1. Can brother braid his hair?.

I heard the prophet csw use to have long hair, and at times use to braid his hair.

2. Can brother wear earning?

I don’t think so, as Allah swt hates women who imitate men and vice versa.

3. Can Muslims wear wedding rings?

I heard he can as long as it is not Gold or silver

4. Can women wear pants?

Some say u can if they are loose. But, since it is not for sure why don’t u just wear skirts or abays.

5. Can Muslim have gay friend?

Ofcourse not…(why would u want to be friends with some one who is gay)

6. Can we shake hands with opposite sex?

No ofcourse not, all the madhhabs agreed that shaking hands with the opposite sex is haraam.

7. Is my fast accepted if I don’t pray?

I heard your fasting is not accepted if u don't pray. But, we certainly know what defferentiates between a muslim and non Muslims is the prayer. The prophet csw said :

“What stands between man and disbelief is the abandonment of Salat.”

That should show us how important the five prayers are. Praying is the second piller, you have to pray before you fast.

8. Is my fast accepted if I don’t wear hijab?

I don’t know never thought of this before..bt if u are fasting why don’t wear ur hijaab lol

9. Is it okey to chew gum and still pray?

Ofcourse not...

10. Is it permissible to talk to opposite sex u have no intention of marrying?

I guess it is ok, why not? As long as u dnt sweet talk one another.

Insha allah I won't let any of you astray, my intention is sincere and based on my limited knowledge ;)