Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Professor Axmed Ismaciil Samatar the new constitution will destroy Somalia and Somalis.

Mario B   

Somalia;825988 wrote:
However, Samatar is the worst out of them all, I've always hated that nigga. Opportunist to the core, and he has no alternative to something that hasn't even been tried..

I think hate is too stronger word, the guy is a unionist, his politics may not be to your liking but that is not a good enough reason to hate him, politics throws all sort of characters, we all have to live with them.:D It's our job to guide misguided individuals but we should also consider the possibility that we could be the one misguided, politics requires an open mind. Remember there are different ways to skin a cat. :D

LANDER   

xiinfaniin;825261 wrote:
^^Professor Abtigis is always an objective observer of Somali politics , his conclusions hardly disappoint.

Ditto his understanding of current hype iyo buuqa la dhexgelinayo geedi socodkan anagoo dhutinayna aan rabno inaan cid galno

Easy to label people 'objective' when they reinforce your common clan agenda, I have never read this constitution nor will I likely ever read it, but if so many people are opposed to it especially in the south of Somalia and along clan lines than their must be something to it. Clan doesn't matter when it comes to furthering your own tribal agenda under the guise of nationalism I suppose! But hey if it comes to Somaliland than differing opinions along clan lines means everything! The hypocracy never stops its amazing. Isla xishoda.

Somalia   

^^

If there "must" be something to it, it wouldn't be hard to point it out. You as a secessionist shouldn't be accusing or talking about others you deem to have a clan agenda, it's highly ironic.

Yunis   

Yes - telling it like it is. by far one of his best performances....some Puntlanders and secessionist are united for their contempt of this man....one wonders

^What did he say that was so captivating, can you summarize it for us. I can not watch to Youtube where I am.

All I know is that, this man wants to enter the Somali political platform and he's getting it all wrong or going wrong about it.

Somalia   

Qandalawi;826863 wrote:
^
What did he say that was so captivating, can you summarize it for us.
I can not watch to Youtube where I am.

All I know is that, this man wants to enter the Somali political platform and he's getting it all wrong or going wrong about it.

This should be fun.

Yunis;826861 wrote:
Yes - telling it like it is. by far one of his best performances....some Puntlanders and secessionist are united for their contempt of this man....one wonders

I am not against the Professor i respect him allot and he is right

Yunis   

^Qandalawi, I can't right now....watch it later.

sxb what is the issue of this man wanting to enter somali political arena? doesn't he have a right. Mise its the fact that he says no to clan federalism and faroole dominated type of somali politics...

^Federalism is not the big issue here, if he has anything wrong with it he should have raised his concerns when it was first introduced to Somali politics almost a decade ago. Hanging on and dwelling of the debates of yesteryears will result no benefit walaal. The issue here is getting out of the transition now and moving to a permanent and stable Somali government. If he's against that he should make no excuse and dwell on a subject that was done, dusted and decided a long time ago. Of course he has the right to make a call for a debate of the past issues, one will always have to chose the subject he wishes to debate about, but one will never have the right to choose the time and venue of that particular debate. Everyone and the Somali people in general are focused and busy right now, the time we have for other debates is null, the government is consumed and concerned about moving from this transitional period and with the little time that's left to implement and achieve everything.

Debates of the past should be conducted but at the right time and moment. Not at the time of your choosing.

As for his political ambitious, I welcome it very much, I know he's an educated man, a professor who teaches in the west and a commentator of Somali affairs but I don't know of anything else tangible or shining that he did or made for Somalia. He has the right he's Somali but I have the right to form and air my opinion about him, I think he's alright but the way he's going about Somali politics is wrong and will only lead to his demise.

Carafaat   

Qandalawi, Federalism is the issue. Will join us to oppose this never ending divisions of sub-sub-sub clan states and support a Decentralized form of governance. Or will you wait till Farjac announces Bari State of Somalia with Qandala as capital. :D

Yunis   

Qandalawi;826880 wrote:
^Federalism is not the big issue here, if he has anything wrong with it he should have raised his concerns when it was first introduced to Somali politics almost a decade ago. Hanging on and dwelling of the debates of yesteryears will result no benefit walaal. The issue here is getting out of the transition now and moving to a permanent and stable Somali government. If he's against that he should make no excuse and dwell on a subject that was done, dusted and decided a long time ago. Of course he has the right to make a call for a debate of the past issues, one will always have to chose the subject he wishes to debate about, but one will never have the right to choose the time and venue of that particular debate. Everyone and the Somali people in general are focused and busy right now, the time we have for other debates is null, the government is consumed and concerned about moving from this transitional period and with the little time that's left to implement and achieve everything.

Debates of the past should be conducted but at the right time and moment. Not at the time of your choosing.

As for his political ambitious, I welcome it very much, I know he's an educated man, a professor who teaches in the west and a commentator of Somali affairs but I don't know of anything else tangible or shining that he did or made for Somalia. He has the right he's Somali but I have the right to form and air my opinion about him, I think he's alright but the way he's going about Somali politics is wrong and will only lead to his demise.

Qandalaawi,

This federalism debate may not be now - but, its one to be had, sooner or later, For Somalia to truly stand on its own feet again.

All the misgivings that are directed on this man in this forum and other venues are unfounded and with no substance - it's always he is opportunistic academic, preying on helpless dadaab refugee by parachuting with his camera lenses, or that he relies entirely his well refined research papers and talking points from academia and nothing else.

what avenues are available to the man in order to get his message to the wider public and get into politics? should he accept federalism and wrap himself with Awdal state flag too, because that will surely get him a seat at the table? Is he fair game and can people be cynical of his true motives - yes. but, the guy doesn't stand behind hotel podium at clan based rally in the backdrop of cheering crowd, to gain foothold into Somali politics and forcefully says so, those methods are recipe for more political instability.

From 4.5 to clan federalism, the political structure of somalia today, is such that for one to take part you have to appeal a very simplistic kinship based audience to be consider viable statesman , and the hell with the rest of Somali stake-holders. It's the reality, of today that the scramble is on, of drawn out village borders with state flags - to the ultimate prize of clan federalism system of two provinces comes with real authority. The proff's message is the antitheses to that, he is saying that will not prevail and will only cause more hostility and renew battles ahead.

After all he has a party and ideas, and he has to push for those. He has not gone for the easy route of secessionist agenda,slowly Somalis are beginning to be stimulated by pll with ideas. recently, there is small minority of people like him with a clean record and with ideas, who are slowly coming forward. his is an effort that may fail, but, its these types of people with ideas that Somalis see as a viable alternative which is fueling the renewed hope that we see today.

naga daaya bahasha, - ama noo sheega profasoorka waxaad ku haysataan...

Mario B   

Yunis;826915 wrote:
From 4.5 to clan federalism, the political structure of somalia today, is such that for one to take part you have to appeal a very simplistic kinship based audience to be consider viable statesman , and the hell with the rest of Somali stake-holders. It's the reality, of today that the scramble is on, of drawn out village borders with state flags - to the ultimate prize of clan federalism system of two provinces comes with real authority. The proff's message is the antitheses to that, he is saying that will not prevail and will only cause more hostility and renew battles ahead.

Good points.

It seem the Professor and Faroole are on the same side, but as you might have guessed they are politically poles apart!

This debates calls for thesis, anti-thesis and then synthesis. We can all be Hegelians in the next few months,:D