Sign in to follow this  
Maymuunah

A question to Nur,however anybody is welcome

I would like to know if islam permits a person to work in a fast food restuarant.for example as a manager. by the way i do not work in a restuarant but a close friend of mine does and it always disturbs me to see him earn his living from that place, so guys and girls who have some knowledge about the diin, what do you have to say about this question.

However,I myself believe that it is totally wrong and it is not allowed but my friend won't take that for an answer, and he wants me to bring some prove. I would have done that but since I am not that knowledgable about the diin, I hesitated for being ill about what i do not know that much. so would there be a person who can atleast quote for me some axaadiiths and quran verses.

I will appreciate very much.

Honey, first of all no one can question your need to work. If u have to work then u have no choice. Ask yourself is what am doing prohibited according to Islam? When it comes to restaurants, look at what they serve...do they serve pork/alcohol? If so, to my knowlege its xaraam to work there. Hope that helped.

Qac Qaac   

working in places like mcdonald, burger king, harvies, and selling bacon hamburgers to the ppl, are not allowed, and atleast most of the scholars agree on it. tell your friend to find another job if he could.

i agree with Kaha, check it out, if there is xaraam stuff serve there, alcohol no question about it, even if the store sells alcohol, stay away from it, working in alcohol environment.

Nur   

Sundus Sis

First we ask ourselves: Why do we go to work?

Answer: To pay our bills, eat and enjoy life

Next question; Why do we live?

Answer: To worship Allah SWT

So, logically our life, is dedicated to the worship of Allah, right?

Right.

So, our actions must be in line with Allahs commandments.

right again

So, working to serve others prohibited substances is against allahs wish.

right.

But Alllah is the Razzaq, he provides opportunities that earn you money so you can buy food and shelter

right again.

So, why do you have to worry about bot finding a halaal source of income?

It is all about iimaan, the lower the imman, the weaker and the worse your decesions in life, why do you think a thief or a wellfare benefits abuser justify their action, they believe if they do not lie, or steal, that they cant eat, and that is wrong.

Nur