Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

I live in Dar es Salaam on a street with no name... but hey, you can always find me

If there were a contest to choose the dirtiest capital city in Africa, Dar would be among the topmost contenders.

Dar es Slum, the capital of the United Republic of Tanzania, is a collection of rundown neighbourhoods and shanty towns surrounding the concrete central business district, which also houses government offices, all without proper street names or plot numbers displayed.

These unnamed and unnumbered streets — most of them ruts that turn to mud when it rains and to dust when it shines — have struggled to give themselves an identity quite divorced from the absentminded City Fathers.

COME ON DER ES SALAAM

BOB   

I can't wait for Malika's response. :D

PS. Dar es Salaam along with Maputo and Cape Town is where I had the pleasure of seeing some of the most beautiful women I've ever laid my eyes on...Mama Mia.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Angels come from Borama not ordinary subjects like those chicks from those cities I've mentioned above. :D Walle iyo bille been baad moodaa adigu kow dheh laakiin waxaa igu ballan ah inaan inan reer Borama ah kol un shukaansado oo dabadeedna guursado haduusan eebe maya odhan. yaa igeeya un. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Mario B   

Lets be honest DAR is filthy, i was there in 2008, you could smell people's toilets as the driver took a short cut to avoid the morning rush hour that goes on for hours. For a City that is majority muslim i was dissapointed. The city's infrastracture I believe has not changed since the colonialist left when the population was a fraction of what it is now.

Malika   

^I am not - I accept there are problems in Dar but it being the dirtiest city in Africa, that I disagree with - the author of that article is a civil servant, iisaga haa iis weydiyoo what he has been doing to fix things. Like many African cities trying to cling on to the old colonial system of running their towns are failing to acknowledge that their cities have grown probably 100% since the white man left, thus requiring a revamp of the mucipal system so to cope with such a growth.

Mario B - dee xagaa mareeysee? lol

BOB   

:D :D Defend your city with all your might and don't give an inch or it will be the beginning of the end for your city and every one will take a pot shot at it. :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Carafaat   

Dar es Salaam is beautyfull. Area's as Masanani beach, coco beach are like paradise. Reminds me of Muqdisho.

P.S. I love the sijui girls from Tanga. Is Malika from Tanga?

BOB   

No Carafaat, she's from a small town called Kula Sumu, the opposite of Meza Mawe next to Kunywa Damu which is more or less 196km from Tanga.

Peace, Love & Unity.

raula   

^^^lol@kula mawe..na zinginezo. Najua kama kijana huyu angekula mawe labda angekuwa kimya na mambo mengine anazosema. Ako na vituko kweli.

Malika nafkiria hawa wakutania tu...nakumbuka saying kitambo chasemacho : chokochoko mchokoe pweza, binadamu hutamweza...au..nyimbo ile..".wacha wacha waseme.."

Malika   

^Ha ha - I know.. 'Haven of Peace' maa iyagaa wax kaa qaadi karayaan..nope..lol

I found the taraab - choko choko mchokoe pwezwa :

Bob, acha tu - roho inauma mtu kutukana where the heart/soul is..lol