Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

'We believe,' and will not be tested?

Fabregas   

Do people imagine that they will be left to say, 'We believe,' and will not be tested? (29:2)

We tested those before them so that Allah would know the truthful and would know the liars. (29:3)

There are Signs in that. We are always putting people to the test. (23:30)

As for man, when his Lord tests him by honouring him and favouring him, he says, 'My Lord has honoured me!' But then when He tests him by restricting his provision, he says, 'My Lord has humiliated me!' (89:15-16)

We will test you until We know the true fighters among you and those who are steadfast and test what is reported of you. (47:31)

Every self will taste death. We test you with both good and evil as a trial. And you will be returned to Us. (21:35)

Do not direct your eyes longingly to what We have given certain of them to enjoy, the flower of the life of this world, so that We can test them by it. Your Lord's provision is better and longer lasting. (20:131)

We made everything on the earth adornment for it so that We could test them to see whose actions are the best. (18:7)

Remember when We rescued you from Pharaoh's people who were inflicting an evil punishment on you, killing your sons and letting your women live. In that there was a terrible trial from your Lord. (7:141)

You will be tested in your wealth and in yourselves and you will hear many abusive words from those given the Book before you and from those who are idolaters. But if you are steadfast and guard against evil, that is the most resolute course to take. (3:186)

We will test you with a certain amount of fear and hunger and loss of wealth and life and fruits. But give good news to the steadfast. (2:155)

Remember when Ibrahim was tested by his Lord with certain words which he carried out completely. He said, 'I will make you a model for mankind.' He asked, 'And what of my descendants?' He said, 'My contract does not include the wrongdoers.' (2:124)