Sign in to follow this  
Garnaqsi

Why do people listen to Zakir Naik?

Garnaqsi   

Honestly, why? He's hopeless. Most of the time he doesn't know what he's talking about. See this:

His science is at the level of one of those young Earth creationists. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for good debates on religion/atheism and really admire many men who deviced some good arguments for religion. But why this guy, whose knowledge of science and philosophy appears not to exist at all, attracts so many fan-boys who think he's knowledgable on these matters is a mystery to me.

Raamsade   

^He didn't say he listens to him. He asked why many people (read: Muslims) listen to this demonstrable charlatan. Zakir Naik's lack of moral scruples by means of repeated lies and distortions has been well known for eons now; and yet he continues to draw record crowds and commands legions of devout followers. So why do so many Muslims continue to imbibe Naik's lies when they know better?

Mario B   

Raamsade;802291 wrote:
^He didn't say he listens to him. He asked why many people (read: Muslims) listen to this demonstrable charlatan. Zakir Naik's lack of moral scruples by means of repeated lies and distortions has been well known for eons now; and yet he continues to draw record crowds and commands legions of devout followers. So why do so many Muslims continue to imbibe Naik's lies when they know better?

That is his understanding of religion and science, it's up to you to refute him or else keep the peace. :rolleyes:

N.O.R.F   

I remember one of his debates with a christian where he used the bible to disprove the supposed death of Nabi Ciise (CS). He does well and is highly respected. The number of new muslims due to his speeches and Q&A sessions are huge. A great man.

Raamsade   

^That's slaying the already slain. It doesn't take much to discredit Christianity as too absurd to be true. But much of the work has already be done by others hundreds of years ago.

Mario B;802311 wrote:
That is his understanding of religion and science, it's up to you to refute him or else keep the peace. :rolleyes:

It is not an understanding or a mere opinion, it is about blatant lying. For example, this is an understanding/opinion: Somali wadaads should be forced to shave and their beard hair used as brillo pads (silig) by poor Somali mothers. And here is a blatant lie: Shiikh X said Y and Z when I know he didn't say those things. There is a big moral difference don't you think?

Mario B   

Raamsade;802369 wrote:
^That's slaying the already slain. It doesn't take much to discredit Christianity as too absurd to be true. But much of the work has already be done by others hundreds of years ago.

It is not an understanding or a mere opinion, it is about blatant lying. For example, this is an understanding/opinion: Somali wadaads should be forced to shave and their beard hair used as brillo pads (silig) by poor Somali mothers. And here is a blatant lie: Shiikh X said Y and Z when I know he didn't say those things. There is a big moral difference don't you think?

FYI, Understanding of something and opinions are not the same thing.

N.O.R.F   

Raamsade;802369 wrote:

The purpose of his work is to guide people towards Islam and he is doing a great job of it.

Garnaqsi   
Right on, Raamsade! Many people view him as sort of a scientific authority and quote him on matters relating to science and religion when his knowledge of science is practically nonexistent. It reminds me of Paul Valéry when he speaks of the human 'folly' of mistaking 'a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths.' Another such guy is Harun Yahya. In my opinion it's sad that the big proponents of Islam in the philosophical and scientific arena are an interior designer who probably neither took a science class nor a philosophy one and a medical doctor ignorant of both! I think all other big religions have better proponents than Islam in this sense.

Overall he is a good when quoting from Bile and Hindu Bible but when it comes to FIQI and Quran translations he is not , I once heard he was asked a question whether Jesus will be Shiat or Sunni when he returns ? And he simply said he will return as a Muslim That is not is right, there r so many branches in Islam (73 to be exact ) and all of them except one are on a wrong path according to our prophet ASW, so he should clarify that answer and shouldn't please anyone .

But I don enjoy when he debates with Hindu and non Muslims and yes there are so many people accepted Islam because of him.

Allahu Yaclam