Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Veteran Bashir Goth - Critiqued

Taleexi   

STOIC;801267 wrote:
Lander,

We may have different of opinions on this issue, but we are both supporting SL aspirations (I refrain from using the word Project from now). Somaliland is a fact on the ground.No question about that.For the first time in its exceedingly long history , Somaliland today is recognized as independent region that has traveled the long path from dirt-poor dream of secession to a fully recognized legitimate region..Somaliland has battled to fend off South Somalia hegemony in Somali government.They have marched into the Wilderness of Somalia along with their guns.They have gained the stalwart ally of countries like Britain and the western world because of their pure aspiration to rebuild their homeleland.Somalis of different clans and descriptions have also sought refuge in major Somaliland cities.It is this stunning results that won the hearts of people like me.Now lurking beneath all this accolade is the recognition Somaliland people and government crave for.

Whether tomorrow produces a new recognition and commitment from the rest of the world -or a continue reluctance to do so-would in large part determine the future of Somaliland.The new legitimacy conferred on Somaliland by the London conference has kept and reinforced the lid on Somaliland secession.The South Somalia is forced to negotiate with SL.Everything seems to be falling in place for Somaliland.Yet at heart, we all know that it would be foolish for SL to negotiate with any Somalia government until a two legitimate government are elected in South Somalia to test their stability.If you try to confront the issue consciously you will realize that Somaliland will stay this way for a very long time.When the shifts and shakiness of South Somalia rings warning bell to the rest of the world, SL can keep pushing.Before that could happen, of course, you need to entertain what if South Somalia can produce a legitimate government and the lid is blown-off for SL recognition by the rest of the world.I think we would be forced in this spirit to settle for whatever the world hands to Somaliland people.I understand this will NOT seat well with collective conscious of the kids born after 1991, but what Choice do we have then? Somaliland can go one of two ways then, and i doubt this needs any elaboration.For now Sheikh Shareef can hem and haw whether dancehall state (Khatumo) is a legitimate state while the world take notice of SL aspirations...

The corrupted mind goes here again..... The dance hall state, the kastumo state is indeed doing a superb job. Beyond this we shall all wait and see where the lalaland bogus dreams end up.