Sign in to follow this  
Brother Warsameh

Dood Wadaag

Walaal Hibo,

To address your questions:

1. I prefer NOT to share with you in this Forum why I abandoned my former Faith. Xaddiis ayaa oranaya “mu’minka god qura laba jeer lagama wada qaniino.†This thread will be deleted by a moderator once I disclose my reasons! Do you remember what happened to the “Islam – Christian Debate†thread? A Certain moderator did not like me sharing why I left my former Faith!

I would rather share with you why decided to follow the Messiah if you want to know that. This will hopefully save this thread!

2. I added “h†to my name because it is easier for many foreigners to pronounce it; it is like spelling “Muhammad†with “h†instead of “xâ€-“Muxammad.â€

3. There are many Somali believers whose testimonies are written briefly.

Furthermore, I use different sources to communicate. I use Islam sometimes here to strengthen my points because I am communicating with a Muslim group. It is all about contextualization.

Brother Warsameh

PS. You said “Its not in our place to jusgeâ€. If you don’t mind, “not to judge†anyone is NOT Islamic! The Qur’an and the Ahadeeth command Muslims to be “judgesâ€! Do you want the evidence from these two sources?

Note to Warsame:

This Forum serves exclusively Islam , as the banner reads, it is not an advertisement page For other purposes, this is your second attempt, third strike and its over.

[ May 24, 2005, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Nur ]

lol   

Warsameh: U really didn't have to start up a topic to convince me.

1. NOt being judgemental: Like your Jesus said to the people who brought him the woman who has fornicated, " If you have never committed like her crime, u may stay and stone her".. ..while looking down. The woman looked up to see that not even a single person was left to stone her... Jesus told her to leave and not to repeat the same mistake again.. am I getting the story correct of something is missing...

Please provide the evidence in the Quran where Allah says we are entitled to judge

Well I believe its the same case in Islam. I can only judge if I am completely pious, and sinless. I am not sinless. May Allah forgive me...so I can't judge. And ofcourse your hadayah is with Allah. He will set u on the right path when He wills.

Now as for the other Somali christians.. I am still not quite convinced with the evidences u r producing because, none of them have tangible proof. I mean if u truly believe in your religion than u shouldn't be too scared to practise it. Rather if u r killed because of it, am sure if your religion is correct, than your Jesus will surely save u since he is ur savior. And u will have a better life in Heaven than u did on this Earth. So why worry?

Ta kale, SOL has many forums which are quite fascinating, if u r not here to preach than why is ur presense known only in the Islamic forum? why don't u share your thoughtts on other topics as well like the rest of us?

Jacpher   

Warsameh, easy for foreigners to pronounse with h?? Isma dhihin. War-same means "war-san-sheege" ama qof wax same (kheyr) ah soo sheega. I don't think you're here to tell us "wax kheyr" ah but you can name yourself what you wish.

Warsameh, don't use that Xadiid. You're not Mu'min. Xadiis leexiska joogi. Islam isn’t a tool to satisfy your arguments. Post-gaagii hore waxaad soo daliishatay xadiis leh "muslimka waa kan afkiisa iyo adinkiisa laga nabad galaa" balse adiga waxaad raacisay "qura". You ignored my question but I'm asking you again. Ka jawaab.

Ma jahli ayaa kuu geeyey mise wax qaloocis?

Hibo & Other bro/sis: Warsameh isn't on SOL to learn Islam or to have a good meaningful debate. He's here to get attention and/or confuse some of us. If I'm right this guy claims he became Murtad in 1986 that's 19 years ago. Most of us aren't that old. I think he is a grown man and any grown man should not be behind a screen posting religious questions with the intention of confusing. If his intentions are to debate, he should go down to the nearest mosque and request a meeting with the Imaam. Admin should not allow Warsmeh to throw misinterpreted hadith here and there and run away & ignore the questions members ask him. I am requesting that administrators should challenge this guy and not allow him to post anything relating to religion. He's obsessed with gaalanimo. He may participate other discussion as long as he doesn't bring up religion. If admins put this in place, Warsameh will eventually run away because he’s preoccupied with gaalnimo and can’t abstain from it.

Ducaqabe,

"Kibir waa lagu kufaa" is NOT an original Somali proverb. This is a verse from the Bible. It is "pride comes before fall" (Proverb 16:18). Bal hadda yaa labadeenna "gaalnimo" faafinaya?!

Ducaqabe, hadda in la is dacweeyo miyay kaa maraysaa? War ducaqabe joog, awal ayaa ul booc ah la igugu kutubayee!!

"Qura" waa ay ku fakatay xaddiiskiiye kas ma ahayn ku darideedda oo qoraal ah.

Balse xaddiisku markuu leeyahay "Waxaa Muslim ah qofkii afkiisa iyo gacantiisa laga nabad helo" waxaa meeshaas ka cad in qofkii afkiisa iyo gacantiisa laga nabad geli waayo uusan Muslim ahayn!

Waxaa marka sahal u muuqanaysa in erayga "qura" uu ku jiro xaddiiska macne ahaan balse uusan ahayn qoraal.

Brother Warsameh

Originally posted by Ducaqabe:

Warsameh, easy for foreigners to pronounse with h?? Isma dhihin. War-same means "war-san-sheege" ama qof wax same (kheyr) ah soo sheega. I don't think you're here to tell us "wax kheyr" ah but you can name yourself what you wish.

Warsameh, don't use that Xadiid. You're not Mu'min. Xadiis leexiska joogi. Islam isn’t a tool to satisfy your arguments. Post-gaagii hore waxaad soo daliishatay xadiis leh "muslimka waa kan afkiisa iyo adinkiisa laga nabad galaa" balse adiga waxaad raacisay "qura". You ignored my question but I'm asking you again. Ka jawaab.

Ma jahli ayaa kuu geeyey mise wax qaloocis?

Hibo & Other bro/sis: Warsameh isn't on SOL to learn Islam or to have a good meaningful debate. He's here to get attention and/or confuse some of us. If I'm right this guy claims he became Murtad in 1986 that's 19 years ago. Most of us aren't that old. I think he is a grown man and any grown man should not be behind a screen posting religious questions with the intention of confusing. If his intentions are to debate, he should go down to the nearest mosque and request a meeting with the Imaam. Admin should not allow Warsmeh to throw misinterpreted hadith here and there and run away & ignore the questions members ask him. I am requesting that administrators should challenge this guy and not allow him to post anything relating to religion. He's obsessed with gaalanimo. He may participate other discussion as long as he doesn't bring up religion. If admins put this in place, Warsameh will eventually run away because he’s preoccupied with gaalnimo and can’t abstain from it.

Walaal Hibo,

I didn’t have to start a new thread but the only remaining thread in this connection was deleted just like the previous one!

You first used "judge" and you seem to say now that you meant "judgmental" which is fine with me.

I am impressed with your knowledge of the Bible!

Why did you say “Please provide the evidence in the Quran� Are you Qur’ani? Don’t you believe in the Sunnah as well?

One evidence:

In Islam, if a woman commits adultery her punishment is LIFE BEHIND BARS:

“Those who commit adultery among your women, you must have four witnesses against them, from among you. If they do bear witness, then you shall keep such women in their homes until they die†Sura 4:15a.

According to you, does this involve judgment? The Muslim witnesses must certainly say “you have committed adultery†and another Muslim must say what the judgment is—life behind bars! That is how the woman is sentenced!

You also said “I can only judge if I am completely pious, and sinless.†Do you really believe that, In Islam, you can ever be sinless? Does Islam teach Muslims can be sinless? It certainly teaches the contrary? Do you also need a Qur’an only evidence here?!

Brother Warsameh

Haddad   

Originally posted by Brother Warsameh:

Walaal Hibo

Brother Warsameh, when addressing a female in Somali, one doesn't use Walaal; one uses Abaayo.

lol   

Originally posted by Haddad:

quote:Originally posted by Brother Warsameh:

Walaal Hibo

Brother Warsameh, when addressing a female in Somali, one doesn't use
Walaal
; one uses
Abaayo
Hadaad, Walaal is a somali unisex word, and it can be applied to both male and female alike. I am sure u know that the Northern Somalis which are known as today as Somalilanders, don't use the word abaayo so they call their sister walaal.

Originally posted by Brother:

You first used "judge" and you seem to say now that you meant "judgmental" which is fine with me

I did mean wat I said, A Judge!. We can't play the role of a judge, but in Islam certain things have their punishments which has already been specified....that includes adultery. Following the example u provided, when that woman is a married woman she is not put in house arrest rather she is stonned to death. And if that woman is unmarried she is lashed with 80 lashes and put in house arrest. The same applies to the men as well. The four witnesses should see the act of intercourse, its not just to see two ppl getting into a house or even laying naked on bed, rather the act itself...so its pretty rare to be able to see...but when u do u r ordered to call upon 3 more witness who have also seen the act while its still in process...Clear now.

The Quran or the Sunnah does make us play the role of a judge from time to time, because the guidelines and the punishments which are to be carried out are crystal clear, however valid witnesses are a must so ensure that no human is done wrongly. But nowadays that seems to be vanishing because the Muslims are becoming weaker and our constitutions are based on human laws. Thus the Divine law has been replaced.

Don't think u r the only one who reads about other people's religions. Am trying to follow the footsteps of my brotha may he rest in peace Ahmed Deedat. By learning about the other religions so that I can debate with them on familiar grounds.

You also said “I can only judge if I am completely pious, and sinless.†Do you really believe that, In Islam, you can ever be sinless? Does Islam teach Muslims can be sinless? It certainly teaches the contrary? Do you also need a Qur’an only evidence here?!

I don't think u should be accusing Islam as being a religion where the commitment of sin is promoted. Coz then that would be "aflagaado iyo aan isku kacno"...certainly many of us including me can not stand anyone define my religion like u r doing now. So I think apology is due here.

I normally ask for the Quranic evidence than the Sunnah if possible because its Divine words against human quotations although these quotations are correct. But the hadiths are too many to remember all of them...so I prefer the Quran, but that doesn't mean I don't believe in the Sunnah, I certainly do, I am just trying to cut my work short :D

U still haven't answered my questions.....so scroll up and answer them. If u don't am gonna assume wat my brotha Ducaqabe is saying to be true.

Ducaqabe: I am sure if your faith in Islam is strong no devil in human form can astray you. So I suggest you strengthen your ties with you Rabi coz many like Warsameh here will be seen in our society and you as a Muslim should know more than necessary about your religion. Plus Allah said, we should debate with them, confront them. Their superficial and twisted tactics shouldn't scare us rather it should make us want to know more about our religion.

Haddad   

Originally posted by Hibo:

Walaal is a somali unisex word, and it can be applied to both male and female alike. I am sure u know that the Northern Somalis which are known as today as Somalilanders, don't use the word abaayo so they call their sister walaal.

I am from Xamar, knew a few Northern families who lived there, and don't recall them using it for a female. However, even when used, especially in writing, the correct term should be Walaashay.

lol   

^^^ Do ur searcha better walaalkiis.... walaashay waa marka aad qofka u sheegeysid in qofkani yahay qof kula dhashay oo ay tahay gabar. It seems u have lost the little somali left in u :D go home ASAP!!! ;)

bilan   

Originally posted by Brother Warsameh:

Walaal Hibo,

I didn’t have to start a new thread but the only remaining thread in this connection was deleted just like the previous one!

You first used "judge" and you seem to say now that you meant "judgmental" which is fine with me.

Why did you say “Please provide the evidence in the Quran� Are you Qur’ani? Don’t you believe in the Sunnah as well?

One evidence:

In Islam, if a woman commits adultery her punishment is LIFE BEHIND BARS:

“Those who commit adultery among your women, you must have four witnesses against them, from among you. If they do bear witness, then you shall keep such women in their homes until they die†Sura 4:15a.

According to you, does this involve judgment? The Muslim witnesses must certainly say “you have committed adultery†and another Muslim must say what the judgment is—life behind bars! That is how the woman is sentenced!

Brother Warsameh

warsameh its clear to me that you do not really know much about the quran.

this ayah is annuled by another verse in surat nur, and the punishment of both men and women is 100 lahses if they never married. and the requirement is 4 trustable people have to see exactly the action taking place.

Hadaad walaal is used for both men and women.

Nur   

Warsame

I have noticed that your knowledge of the Tafseer of Quraan is very shallow, in order to use Quraan as an evidence for an argument few conditions apply:

1. Context of the verse ( situation a verse addresses), translating verbatum without a knowldege of the Seerah is a disaster.

2. Time when it was revealed, ( each time period the new Muslim community was growing, hence transitional rulings that were nit final were revealed, alcohol for axample was gradually made illegal by four separate verses, the last of which asked the people " Fa hal antum muntahoon" are you then quitting drinking, gambling, and worshipping idols?

3. The translation of the word must be correct not only by transliteration, but also by translating the meaning in the native language.

When you write the verse

““ Those who commit adultery among your women, you must have four witnesses against them, from among you. If they do bear witness, then you shall keep such women in their homes until they die†Sura 4:15a

Sabeelaa does not mean DIE, it is a VENUE , a solution that will be revealed to the Messenger through either Quraan or his Hadeeth. According to the hadeeth, the venue was revealed and the new punishment was spelled clearly in Suurah al Nur, and subsequent hadeeths.

So, as a respect for the audience, as a non qualified Mufassir of Quaraan, and a non believer, please stop making un authorized Tafseer that is out of synch with the very science of cilmul tafseer as followed by Muslims, demonstrating either an outright blasphemy, or severe case of ignorance. This forum is for sharing knowledge, not ignorance, so If you continue spreading your ignorance in this Forum to confuse Muslims, so they can accept that Jesus ( peace be upon him) was Allah SWT in person ( Subxaanahu wa tacaalaa cammaa yaquuluuna culuwan kabeeraa), and refuse to learn and admit your ignorance, I will not only stop debating with you, I will edit what you write to make it in line with Muslims accept, as I did above as a first warning. This medium is not a pulpit for misinformation and misleading Muslims, my advice is : ( Yaa ghareeb, kun adeeb)if you are stranger, be respectful of our faith, in our own forum, one way to do that is to try and learn what you do not know, and not to present yourself as knowledgeable in Islam when in reality your base is very shallow based on your formal study of Islamic studies and the Arabic language and its grammar, the seerah, Fiqh.

If you desire an honest debate, and are willing not to twist verses out of their context, nor post maliciously half truths like the case of the Trinity in which you posted the first part of the Nicene Creed that is in line with Muslim faith and ommitted the most damaging and the longest part, and for change if you come across as an honest debator who admits when he has no explanation for his beliefs, or calls a spade a spade, in all honesty I feel that you will be able to debate with respect from the community for your views on this forum.

Nur

Haddad   

Originally posted by Hibo:

walaalkiis

You have addressed me with the above term a number of times (mahadsanid abaayo), you have also addressed others as walaashiis. Obviously, your choice of those terms regarding how to address others in Somali are way clearer than Brother Warsameh's slightly unclear unisex term.

It seems to me that Mr. Warsame was delibarately trying to asert remarks that are filled with ignorance and disrespect to the belief of the majority in this charming forums. I personaly would like to inform that Mr. Warsame is welcome when he is ready to comply the very rules that direct everyone in this forums, irrespective of religious alliegance, and so forth.

To the Authority of the site, please be watchful to the elements that can create negative impressions of this beautiful site.