Sign in to follow this  
Siciid1986

Somaliland Haters Reeling As Article 6 Takes Center Stage

Somaliland Haters Reeling As Article 6 Takes Center Stage

Published By Webmaster On Wednesday, February 29th 2012. Under News in English

First, After Years of Using every trick in the book to avoid facing his responsibilities in court, Mohamed Ali Samatar was reduced to not contesting the war crime allegations against him. The coward Siadist leader who fled his country as soon as USC showed up at the Mogadishu far outskirts, stayed true to his unmanly character by repeatedly dragging his feet and using all kind of excuses to escape his day in court. The end of this saga is undeniably a victory for Somaliland and I commend the tenacity in this matter of Bashe Abdi Yousuf among others. During the same week, Somaliland entered the international diplomatic scene during the the London conference on Somalia. Thousands of thousands of Somalilanders led by President Silanyo sent a strong signal to the world and unequivocally stated that the dysfunctional union between Somaliland and Somalia belonged for ever into the dustbin of history. Silanyo built on the momentum and signalled that there would be going back to the days of Somaliland-Somalia union. And while Somaliland president was signing bilateral agreement with the president of Seychelles, the TFG leader was busy heckling Hillary Clinton like an immature kid in a school backyard. And then came the final communique of the conference and its article 6 that sent shivers down the spines of Somaliland haters “The Conference recognised the need for the international community to support any dialogue that Somaliland and the TFG or its replacement may agree to establish in order to clarify their future relations.”For the first time, Somalia unity and territorial integrity were not reaffirmed or upheld during a conference on Somalia. Somaliland and Somalia are from now seen as two separate and different entities who should freely discuss of the nature of their future relations. Article 6 confirmed the international community bold departure from its past fruitless approach that whose for too long hell bent on trying to keep alive a long dead dysfunctional union between Somalia and Somaliland. Predictably, this major diplomatic shift left Somaliland haters in tatters. Moryaan Dahir Uluso websit (http://sunatimes.com/view.php?id=1720)is whining about the absence of references to Somalia territorial integrity in the final comminque of the London conference. The Godfather of Somaliland haters, Pr Ahmed Ismail Samatar, is revisiting its tune and adopting a much more conciliatory attitude toward Somaliland sovereignty

(http://www.cadceed.com/2012/02/prof-axmed-Ismail Samatar%e2%80%9cin-Somaliland-lagu-yidhaahdo-waxaad-ka-mid-tihiin-gobol-ka-mid-ah-soddanka-gobol-ee-la-kala-sheegsheeganayo-u-malaymaayo-in-dadka-iyo-madaxda-somalialnd-ay-yeelayaan.html)

An Old Somali Proverb says « Cadceed sacab laguma qarin karo » Spin can only get you so far. The international Community decided once and for all that Somaliland achievements could not be left hostage to the Chaos prevailing in Somalia. After 14 failed Cracks at reviving a defunct Somalia, the international community said enough is enough.

Mohamed Sougal

Somalia   

All I see is a lot of name calling, illustrating the frustration the secessionist people had for the conference.

This is my favourite bit

And while Somaliland president was signing bilateral agreement with the president of Seychelles, the TFG leader was busy heckling Hillary Clinton like an immature kid

Except we now know that it didn't happen, and you signed an agreement to house criminals

WOOPTI DOO :D

Somalia;797069 wrote:
All I see is a lot of name calling, illustrating the frustration the secessionist people had for the conference.

This is my favourite bit

Except we now know that it didn't happen, and you signed an agreement to house criminals

WOOPTI DOO
:D

the best is yet to come...hahaha...:cool: hold on for it.

article 6 clearly recognises Somaliland as different from the rest of Somalia and that both parties should discuss their futures...hahaha simple as..The world recognised two states, in an international context Somaliland can say I was a legal state in 1960 the union no longer exists, because of a referendum proved free and fair with 97% approval for renewed independence. :cool:

and thats even if this tfg can survive and any viable authority in Somalia is even established which i doubt unfortunately.

while the pirates continue with their wet dreams of 4.5, qabyalid and colonial borders it seems article six destroyed all over night.