Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Is Somalia mono-cultural or multi-cultural?

RaMpAgE;796825 wrote:

- Somalia was never fully homogeneous country, there are other ethnicities, Bantu's, Arabs, etc

- Somalia's history doesn't go back to Arabia, only delusional people believe such stuff. Somalia has 6000+ history.

- We do have one language with many variations.

- Somalis are not a mixture of anyone, genetics has proven that

- Our culture is not only nomadic pastoralist's as some would like to make us think, but also farmers, and urbanites. Before colonialism all the

cities that exist today existed.

- Ethiopia is our rival for better or worse, either way we have to deal with it.

- I don't think the Somali conflict was based on clan's, it was more to do with economic situation and power. Clan was the cover.

Interesting, i think we need an entire thread dedicated to the Ancient & contemporary history of Somalia (not a linear one that glosses over nuances).

Oh how i would kill for a class like that at my uni... Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps ;)

BOB;797916 wrote:
Brother, The earliest recorded history of Adal empire begins from the 13th century. now we all know that the empire's capital was Zeyla (Saylac) in it's entire existance and at that time Zeyla (Saylac) was ruled by a king named Omar D. Ahmed nicknamed Aw-Barkhadle and his reign was long and successful and when he passed away his children inherited the throne.

Now, I can't provide you a link to 'prove' my point as I don't believe what you find in the net these days can be deemed as authentic as anybody can post misleading 'stories' BUT what I can do is give you a name of a book and the name of an author that will answer every question you may have about Adal empire, who established it, who ran it and who were the original residents and the rightful owners of the city used to be known as 'The Light' in the muslim world but Saylac to you and me today. I've said in my earlier post and I'll say it again that the empire became a multi-ethnic MUSLIM empire afterwards and many different Somali tribes, Oromos, Afars, Hararis, Arabs (from Yemen)and Turks from the Ottoman empire all joined in because of the Jihaad against the gaalada taasoo u sahashay inay ka adkaadaan Solomonic Christian Empire. For example Imam Gurey used canons against amxaaro and portuguese which was something they've never seen before waxaana soo siiyay Ottoman Empire who sent quite a large army to help train and fight beside the Adal empire marka xaalku sidaa buu ahaa Xaajiyow ee Boqortooyadii Amxaaro Samar00n kaliyaa jabiyay inaan leeyahay ha moodin, in fact Soomaali oo dhan haday isu tagi laheyd kamaanu adkaaneen ee raggu waa lagu jihaaday oo wixii Muslim ahaa oo Horn of Africa iyo agagaarkiisa joogay (Ottoman empire from the Red Sea regiment) ayaa isugu tagay.

Find a book called (Masalik Al Absaar) written by an egyptian author called Subhul Ahsha, it's not ONLY about Adal empire mind you but about all the muslim conquests, expeditions, tactics, trainings, weapons, warfares, defeats and victories through the long history of Islam. Now if you can prove me wrong then you're more than welcome to do so but if you can't (which I know you can't) then I'd like to take a break and focus on my other interest in life which it's motto reads 'Victory grows out of harmony'. Salam.

Peace, Love & Unity.

i am not saying the Awdal clans did not take part when it come to the wars against the Abyssinians but the point is there is no historical evidence that a Somali clan founded the Adal Empire particularly those from the present awdal region. We know About Yusuf al baqdadi and the family of umar walashma and all of that but what we are discussing here is the clear point which is that you claimed that a certain clan in Awdal founded the Adal Empire i ask you to proof it? I will look that book up for now but still its not proven

Carafaat;798105 wrote:
Xaaji, Awdal folks maxaa tariiq ugu diidisaa? I have seen that there is even an old script stil practiced by a few in Borama.

Waryaaa uma diidani taarikh wa dad wanaagsan oo xadaraad fog leh oo far gaar ah xita qortay, laakin dee waxan diiday uun taarikhda la iska samaysanyo Waliba waan u qirsanahay inay dagaaladi xabashida lala galay ka qeyb qateen, laakin asaaska boqortooyadi adal uun banu isku yara khilaafsanahay walaalkeen bob.

Maaddeey;798149 wrote:
Bob & Xaaji, I know Arab faqeeh doesn't mention The Imam's ethnicity and that is why I said: 'If you read
carefully
'.

In the book The Imam talks about a certain chief of a clan and says: 'This Soomaali..'. again the author always differentiates The Imam and the Somalis and their troops. Intaa wax ku qaado. Also, there's a mention of person that can be his father and he is referred to as a 'Below' Habashi ethnic that has been arabized.

War Imaamka wa inaga laakin dee buuga fatux un ba qorin laakin dee imaamku wa inaga.

RaMpAgE   

Maaddeey;798149 wrote:
Bob & Xaaji, I know Arab faqeeh doesn't mention The Imam's ethnicity and that is why I said: 'If you read
carefully
'.

In the book The Imam talks about a certain chief of a clan and says: 'This Soomaali..'. again the author always differentiates The Imam and the Somalis and their troops. Intaa wax ku qaado. Also, there's a mention of person that can be his father and he is referred to as a 'Below' Habashi ethnic that has been arabized.

Bring proof or calcaalka jooji, this anit Arabia this is Somalia.

BOB   

Xaaji Xunjuf;798278 wrote:
i am not saying the Awdal clans did not take part when it come to the wars against the Abyssinians but the point is there is no historical evidence that a Somali clan founded the Adal Empire particularly those from the present awdal region. We know About Yusuf al baqdadi and the family of umar walashma and all of that but what we are discussing here is the clear point which is that you claimed that a certain clan in Awdal founded the Adal Empire i ask you to proof it? I will look that book up for now but still its not proven

You're just arguing for the sake of it now and I don't like arguments otherwise I'd have been married by now. All you keep on doing is throw in some random names that have nothing to do with the subject of our debate without proving anything, it doesn't look good on your part.

I've already proven that Adal Empire was ESTABLISHED by Sam'roon by providing you with the name of the king of Zeyla (Saylac) in the 13th Century who was indeed a Sam'roon man, I challenge you to prove the existance of Adal empire before the 13th century...YOU WON'T AND YOU CAN'T. I also challenge you to name and prove who was the ruler of Zeyla (Saylac) in the 13th century...YOU WON'T AND you CAN'T and Finally I'd like to ask you this simple question, Do you think it was possible THEN to be the monarch of a place and not be it's ruler? You can't just hide behind the 'Prove it' line all day long as you need to produce yourself an evidence that shows inaan aniga 'Taariikhda iska sameystay' like you've called it.

PS. I'm from Kismayo by the way and qolada aan ahayna wax historical link ah kuma laha Saylac iyo meel u dhowba...Soomaali baad tahay oo waxaad is leedahay BOB qabiil ahaan buu u difaacayaa. I'll school you about Kismayo and how we roll next time Insha Allah.

Peace, Love & Unity.

lool@ i would've been married by now war maya no need for arguing but when we we are debating a particular subject we need to stay with in the topic not go from talking about Adal Empire than talking about oromos being part of the struggle something we are not even discussing we are talking about the rulers and those who founded the Empire,now tell me who and what was his name who were his parents i mean don't throw just some name of a clan when talking about historical facts. nor did i say you are from awdal carafaat said that not me

Bobo Qisadadu saxiix maha wali awoow:D

I also looked it up this is you're source and they also claim the clan of Ahmed guray him self the imam i will look up that book though nor do they even mention the clan of the said Mr Omar D ahmed they hardly mention his full name they are mixing up the names Aw barkhadle was the Arab Sharif founding father of Walashma.They also claim that imam Semaron said died 1432 the clan you are telling us Mr Aw barkhadle belongs two read it you're self how can his ancestor die later than the existence of the whole Empire that's illogical.

http://dirrera.blogspot.com/2005/12/adal-empire.html

BOB   

BOB;797916 wrote:
I don't believe what you find in the net these days can be deemed as authentic as anybody can post misleading 'stories' BUT what I can do is give you a name of a book and the name of an author that will answer every question you may have about Adal empire, who established it, who ran it and who were the original residents and the rightful owners of the city used to be known as 'The Light' in the muslim world but Saylac to you and me today.Find a book called (Masalik Al Absaar) written by an egyptian author called Subhul Ahsha

This is what I've posted in the 2nd page and you post a link oo qabiil magaciisa ku qoran yahay and you ACCUSE ME of using it as my source...Really? si dad waaweyn inaan u wada hadlayno oo aan wax u kala koror saneyno baan moodayay but I guess I was wrong. waan ka baxay aniga ee ii baashaal duqa.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Maya bob the source also mentioned that particular book Bob did you read that book by the way a simple question it would be interesting if you did it will explain lots of things?